What are you eating/doing today? (Sunday)

Roma
on 8/23/15 2:27 pm
RNY on 06/15/15

Thanks!  Yes I have tried them, but it was a while ago. I should give them another shot. Hope you are having a good day.

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

Karen M.
on 8/23/15 12:59 am, edited 8/23/15 12:59 am - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning :)

Z, I checked out the recipe link - it's a good thing they turn out looking pretty from the toaster oven after the blob-thing emerges from the microwave. LOL What size dish did you use to make this? I'm assuming it made just one large one? You might want to try splitting the recipe into small ramekins to make smaller "muffin/bagels". You'd have to adjust the nuke-time of course, but if it was enough to divide into 4 little rounds, it might be more manageable, portion-wise.

Not much on the go for me today - it is gorgeous outside and I'm heading out to the back patio in exactly 5 minutes. Have some house stuff to do, a couple of grocery errands to run, but those can wait 'til it's too hot to be sitting in the backyard. The plan is to continue the readings for my course out there... unless I get distracted ;) BBQ for dinner, then "Fear the Walking Dead" which starts tonight - so excited!

9 1/2 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 4 over the day -

B - GNC Total Lean (strawberry)

S - my gut doesn't feel like anything yet - Source Greek (strawberry)

L - ham/old cheddar/pickle roll-ups (3) with deli mustard for dipping, 4 grape tomatoes fresh from my garden

S - I think I'll make some crustless quiche today, so 1 muffin-tin sized

D - BBQ "smothered burger" that we didn't end up making last night, 1/4 cup homemade coleslaw

S - likely just coffee/tea

Have a splendid Sunday!

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 8/23/15 11:24 am

lol Karen it is so funny that you mention that about them looking ugly when they come out of the microwave. I remember the first time I made them I thought the same thing - yuck - when it came out of the microwave.  the one I made this morning did not get cut smoothly like the one in the photo, it is more lumpy.  Great idea about making them smaller for easier portioning, I will play around with it and see what happens. I'll bet those little mini donut silicone pans would make some cute little bagel-looking things too. This time I used a round plastic container maybe 5 inches in diameter and it turned out too thin to cut easily.  I ended up cutting it lopsided with one skinny piece and one big honking one.  Next time I would either divide it up as you suggested or use a 3.5-4 inch round container in the microwave so its easier to slice. If you try it let me know what you think.

Bob H.
on 8/23/15 11:23 am - Nepean, Canada
RNY on 08/12/15

Hello Everybody;

I follow this post each day and thought I'd post my exciting meal for today!

Breakfast:

1 Scrambled egg - man that was awesome (second morning in a row)

2 TBLS of Apple Sauce

Lunch

1/2 Cup of Campbell's Gardena Tomato and Black Pepper Soup loaded with white navy beans

Supper

Not sure yet - maybe a protein shake and some more soup!

Hope you are all having a great SUNday!

Bob

Visualize the person you want to be every chance you get - and you can become it!

------------

Century Club Member at 6 months, working on my next 50 years!

Zizzler
on 8/23/15 11:37 am

Hey Bob, welcome to the waye postings, it is nice to hear from you and that you find the postings interesting :o)

How are you doing?  Its a lot of work the first few weeks eh?  All the crushing this and protein that.  It will get better and soon you will have more options for your meals too.

I remember the first food I could eat actual food after surgery, everything tasted so freeking amazing! Every food was like I was trying it for the first time, it is pretty neat. 

You have any plain protein powder?  If not they have it in bulk at bulk barn.  When I was first out I used to take some plain protein powder and mix it with pc Valencia orange juice and a little milk, put it in the blender.  It tasted sort of like an orange Julius.  I have orange flavoured calcium which I would crush and add to it at the same time then sip that drink for hours.  Got me through those times when I just could not stomach any food. 

Anyhow, your menu looks good and I hope all is well with you.  You must feel so proud of yourself.  have a great day and please post whenever you feel, its a great bunch on here, very friendly and helpful.

Most Active
Recent Topics