6 week Plato ?

TaraB3660
on 9/13/15 8:26 am

been losing steady since before surgery and WHAM! Nothing! I am sticking to plan and even doing cardio at gym. Is this normal? Ugh hate this feeling it's that chronic feeling of let down I have had my hole life with weight. 

crqvingchange
on 9/13/15 2:09 pm

From what I've read it is normal, and it happens more frequently the further out from surgery you are.  I think you can tweak your diet and exercise somewhat, but ultimately your body will decide when it wants to start losing again.  You're doing all the right things like exercising and sticking to your centres plan.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

MonaLisaSmile
on 9/13/15 4:48 pm - Canada

Hey TaraB3660

If you have made it to wk6 without a stall already, I would say you are doing better than most people !! 

I had "the dreaded" 3week stall that started the first day of the 3rd week and lasted 10 days.  I knew about it and was prepared so it didn't get to me that much.....but yeah... I know its REALLY frustrating. Especially when you know you are doing everything right!!

Try not to feel let down...its just part of the process and very normal as far as I have read.  Many people also claim that during this time when the scale isn't moving-- that they will measure instead.  They find that although the scale isn't co-operating...they are still losing inches.

Keep plugging away...... it will come .

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Karen M.
on 9/14/15 3:31 am - Mississauga, Canada

Totally normal. Do a search here on OH (little magnifying glass in the upper right of your screen) for "6 week stall" and you will find hundreds of posts about it (and a 3 week stall, 4 week, etc.etc.) Here's a link to the search results I got with "6 week stall" - 6 Week Stall Search Results

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

TaraB3660
on 9/14/15 7:21 pm

Thx ladies 😀

Most Active
Recent Topics