Hair loss and hair dryness

roxytrim
on 10/28/15 7:35 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

The bad news is hair & nails could suck for quite some time. For me my hair loss continued to the 9 month mark. The brittleness to the 2 1/2 year mark. It's only been the last 2 to 3 months that my hair looks lively again. My styliest suggested non permanent hair dye - for the hair conditioner & the treatment tends to bulk up the hair strand.

I've stopped the dying but continue to use a hair mask weekly especially because I'm a swimmer & those pool chemicals will kill any natural oils. People actually complement me on my hair now - never thought that would happen 2 years ago.

Nails have followed the same pattern.

Only other words of advice...Just work on your smile

bariatric_girl
on 10/28/15 10:42 pm
with

I M 6 YEARS OUT OF MY SURGERY. MY GOAL IS TO GET 100 GRAMS OF PROTEIN IN A DAY. I DO USE A SHAKE ALSO TO HELP. BIOTIN IS ALSO A GREAT THING OR THINNING HAIR. IT ALL COMES BACK, BE PATIENT! ;)

Momma1962
on 11/2/15 9:43 am - Canada

I am 5 months out from surgery and in the same boat as you, losing a ton of hair. I do belong to a fantastic group of post op women who all went through the same thing. Of course we're all different but at some point you do lose a lot of hair. My weight loss has slowed down a bit and I have noticed I haven't lost that much hair this month so I think it's individual. You are not alone my dear, hang in there.

Momma1962

Most Active
Recent Topics