Unjury verses Inspire

christinaYR
on 11/14/15 6:29 pm

just wondering if anyone has feedback on these two protein powders. Both are made for bariatric patients. I hear people rave about Inspire on the BE support page. Looks like both are pure whey isolate. Unjury seems to be more user friendly to ship to Canada as Inspire requires a third party shipper which is a hassle. honestly shipping costs are costly for both but its worth it for quality products. I'd love to know if anyone has tried both and gas some feedback.

HW 288 Orientation Humber River 8/15

Diminishing Dawn
on 11/14/15 7:45 pm - Windsor, Canada

Have you tried canadianprotein.com?  Local tends to run cheaper and they have samples you can order.  Ordering from the states can get costly with shipping, duty (watch how they ship or you may have sky high brokerage fees) etc 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

manders6
on 11/15/15 6:34 am
RNY on 11/23/15

Hi Dawn,

On canandianportien.com what protein option do you order off of there?  They have so many!  I haven't went to surgery yet but am trying to figure out where to go fo what things.  It would really help me out!

Amanda

aka Manders6

Diminishing Dawn
on 11/15/15 7:02 am, edited 11/14/15 11:03 pm - Windsor, Canada

I ordered 6 samples of different flavours in their whey protein isolate (best kind).  A lot of people buy unflavoured. 

You can also get a decent unflavoured at the bulk barn if you have one near  you.  

there are lots of options in canada.  If you have a nutrition house, Popeyes or any supplement store go in and serif they have samples.  That was the highlight of life post op - to try a new shake every day. 

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

northernga1
on 11/14/15 8:32 pm - Elliot Lake, Canada

not sure about the other two you posted but i agree with Dawn you should try the canadian protein she mentioned a lot cheaper and probably better protein.  I ordered from them twice already since my surgery in June and i am in love with their protein 

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

Chanti_
on 11/15/15 3:50 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/24/15 with

I used the unjury chicken soup flavour as my go to for the first two weeks post op.  It was very expensive after the exchange plus shipping and paying customs fees.  If I could have found anything else like it in Canada I would have.

Just don't stock up on too much because what you like before surgery may not be to your taste post op.  I found most of the protein shakes too sweet after surgery whereas I liked them before. 

Most Active
Recent Topics