weight gain

murphygirl2013
on 2/25/16 6:43 pm

Hi everybody,  I had my rny almost three years ago.  I have gained 20 pounds back due to some issues (excuses really)  My question is has anyone gained weight back and was able to lose it and perhaps more?  At 3 years out am I able to start to lose again?  Thank you for any feedback

MonaLisaSmile
on 2/25/16 8:22 pm - Canada

If you check out Obesity Help rny forum ( American site instead of our Ontario one ) someone asked the same question today they are 2.75 years out, and last I looked it had 38 replies.  You might see something helpful there.. 

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Kerigan
on 2/25/16 9:16 pm

Hey there, 

I'm just over 4 years post op, and due to a medication I was on, ended up gaining about 20ish pounds about a year and a half ago. I hadn't changed any eating habits or patterns, it was just a dreadful side effect of a medication (the name of which escapes me at the moment). This weight gain happened rapidly, and once I realized what was happening, I stopped the medication and really made sure I wasn't trying in any way to over eat. It did take a number of months, but I did end up losing that weight and then a hell of a lot more. My advice is to just be cautious when it comes to trying to lose the weight again.. I'm not suggesting that your situation in any regard is the same as mine, but I understand what it feels like to have some regain and feel like you're struggling. I still struggle every single day regardless of what the scale says. You just need to make sure that you are healthy and going about your weight loss in a sustainable manner. And honestly, when you look back and see how healthy that little bit of regain makes you look, you just might change your mind! I know I certainly have...

I do really hope that you will be successful in attaining and maintaining your desired weight, but I'm certain you are beautiful just the way you are :) 

murphygirl2013
on 2/26/16 6:24 am

Thank you for the advice,  I also started taking medication and like you the 20 pound weight gain was so rapid. 

lammytee14
on 2/26/16 5:29 am

I'm almost a year out so I haven't experienced this but would going back to basics help? Tracking food, focus on protein first? And you should still be able to get help from your centre since you are only 3 years out...maybe an appointment with dietitian and/or behaviourist would help...particularly with the issues/excuses.

I wish you the best of luck.

Tammy :)

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics