New Here!

Jo0710
on 4/26/16 4:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new here! Hope it's ok to post! I'm almost 35, have 2 kids and I am from London.

I was always athletic growing up and when I quit sports is when I started having weight problems (18 years old). I was always up and down in weight and could never control it. I've tried everything. 

I've had 2 kids and since then and having my appendix and gallbladder out I haven't had any success in losing weight. 

I asked for a referral April 8th and today I received mail that I have my info session on May 9th! I'm so excited. I thought it would take longer to hear as someone I know in Toronto had to wait about 7 months. I'll be going to Windsor! 

Im worried I will be declined for it. My bmi is 46.1 but thankfully don't have any medical problems except for extra heart beats once in awhile. 

Looking forward to being here with you all! 

MonaLisaSmile
on 4/26/16 7:21 pm - Canada

Welcome to OH!!  It's pretty exciting starting this journey. I wish you the best....dont worry about being declined.  Your BMI is over 40.  Haven't heard of many people having trouble unless they suspect some serious unresolved mental or physical issues.

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

sneezy6145
on 4/26/16 7:27 pm

Welcome....this site is a wonderful place to come for inspiration. 

You won't be turned down. With a BMI over 40 it doesn't matter if you have any other medical conditions. I am in the same boat, although, through this process I found out I have sleep apnea which is contributed to weight.

I'm happy your session came up quick.  I'm in Toronto and my infor session was June 2015 and (fingers crossed) I should get my date for surgery this May. I'm hoping surgery will be sometime during the summer.

I look forward to reading about your journey! :)

Teena D.
on 4/27/16 6:44 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Welcome! And congratulations on your info session. I think it depends what centre you're at. I am going through TWH and was referred in February.  I had my orientation on April 18th.  I'm hoping for cancellations as my next appointments are June, July and August. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

EmAlways
on 4/28/16 3:03 pm

Hey! I`m new too :) 

I`m 33 and mom to a 12 year old girl. I`ve had issues with my weight my whole life, but the scale always ends up getting higher and higher in the numbers rather then lower. 

I got my referral back in January of 2015. I went to my info session in April 2015. Then I heard nothing for a almost a year, until March 2015 I received my appointments with the Dietician, Social worker, and Nurse at HRRH, and I attended those just last week. I have to go back to the Dietician in 5 weeks. My pre-op appointment is July 13th. I feel like this process is so incredibly slow. I`m not sure how many other appointments there are to go. It just feels like a never ending tunnel. 

I`m hoping to find support and friends here, my spouse isn`t exactly supportive of this, so I have to fins support elsewhere. 

Hope to chat :)

Referal 2014 (got lost in the system) Surgery - Aug 25th, 2016Humber River 

Humber River -  Surgeon: Dr. Hagen 

HW: 300  W @ time of surgery: 279  CW: 225

Most Active
Recent Topics