back pain

Mandee32
on 5/16/16 8:48 am
RNY on 05/13/16

I had surgery on Friday and have bad back pain. Has anyone else experienced this?

White Dove
on 5/16/16 10:02 am - Warren, OH

It is from the way you were positioned on the table during surgery.  What helps me is Biofreeze and a heating pad.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Dar_Tay
on 5/16/16 10:30 am - Canada

I had severe lower back pain post op.  I could hardly walk for about a week. Sometimes the back pain was worse than the surgical pain.

ready-4-new-start
on 5/16/16 3:58 pm - Canada

Yes as soon as I woke up in recovery my back was killing me, it didn't get better until last week 4 weeks post op!! 

Referral received at hrrh Nov6/14, orientation March23/15, surgery April 11/16

Spenceymommy
on 5/16/16 8:10 pm

Omg I can tell you about my back pain.   Note please I do have chronic pain so it adds to it...

i I woke up after surgery in such horrific pain fentenyl (multiple units) and morphine (multiple units again) did nothing to touch my pain.  Eventually I was coherent enough to tell the anthesia dr on call in the recovery room that I was a chronic pain patient and he read my chart to know what meds work for me, and then put me on a pain pump for about 15hrs after they got it more controlled.   Nurses on the floor I was on told me I was the first pt they ever had with bypass surgery to have a pain pump. 

I am now 6 days out saw my family dr and he told me everything I knew but needed to hear it will take longer and more to control my pain because of my chronic pain. 

The he has sucks which causes a lot of the pain as well.  Just remember don't fight the pain killers because if u get too sore you won't heal as fast or as well

Most Active
Recent Topics