What happens at the meeting with the surgeon?

fiercebynature
on 6/12/16 7:43 pm

Hello folks !

What happens at the meeting with the surgeon when you are given your surgery date. Mine is July 15th and my friend will be with me. I've searched the forums but don't really get information on this visit. The only thing I've heard is that I may need to wait quite a bit and that I wont meet the surgeon who is doing my surgery. I'm at  TWH.

Are other visits required before the surgery, after that meeting?

Susan 

Surgery: 9/2/16 H.W. 340 S.W.254 C W 208

sneezy6145
on 6/13/16 2:41 am

I'm at Humber River, but I my surgeon meeting wasn't all that long, basically he goes over what will happen on surgery day and you sign consent forms. I also bought my optifast at that visit. Just a lot of information thrown at you for your up and coming surgery.

Akatiti
on 6/13/16 6:14 am - Canada

Story. Just thought of another question, how much is the optifast and what forms of payment do they take.

i want to be as prepared as possible.

sneezy6145
on 6/13/16 7:07 am

The optifast was $110.00 per week. I paid $330.00 for 3 weeks. I paid by debit. I'm sure they would take credit card and cash too.  Also, bring something to carry the boxes. You'll get 2 boxes per week. 2 boxes fit into an ordinary walmart plastic bag. I was by myself at my appointment so it was a lot to carry.

Akatiti
on 6/13/16 7:20 am - Canada

What determines how long you're on optifast?

thanks for being patient and answering all my questions.

i'm a planner and need to know as much as possible. This process is hard for that.

Dundreggen
on 6/13/16 1:58 pm - Canada

I was told that at TWH they say they MUST have a credit card.  They will not take debit or cash.  Which is weird.

Referral TWH: Sept 2015 Orientation: Nov 2015 Social Worker: Jan 2016 Nurse practitioner: Feb 2016 Nutrition (group): Mar 2016 Nutritionist: May 2016 Psych: May 2016 Meeting with Surgeon: July 2016 Surgery!: Nov 2016

So far 80 pounds lost!

wiccandove
on 6/13/16 4:29 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/06/16

I was at TWH and didn't meet the surgeon at all I met one of the residents. I didn't meet the actual surgeon until right before I went in to the surgery room lol. Basically he just goes over the procedure, has you sign a lot of paperwork and wants to know if you have any questions. I believe that is also when you order your optifast (so bring payment) and get your surgery date. He will also tell you how long you need to be on opti for.

I think after that I had my pre-op appointment (you will probably get that date too while with the surgeon) and then in the mail I got a list of appointments for the next 6 months.

Leslie W.
on 6/13/16 4:30 am - Cobourg, Canada

The meeting with?surgeon is the last one. Unless things have changed your file has already been approved. The surgeon will review the procedure, you get to ask your questions, sign your consent and get your surgery date. Bring your credit card as you pay for your opti. Youll get it delivdred to home. 

Closer to or date you will get a call for patts which is pre-op. Bring food with you as long day lots of waiting.

Congratulations

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Most Active
Recent Topics