Great Day!

wiccandove
on 9/22/16 9:52 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/06/16

I have a trip to the states next week to meet up with an amazing group of friends from all over the world (B.C., Chile, Spain, UK, USA) and I desperately needed some clothes that didn't hang off me like a tarp so yesterday we took a trip to Torrid.

I left with some leggings and a few tops. I was shocked to find that I fit into the 1x shirts! It was the first shopping experience I've had in years where I didn't leave the store  frustrated and on the verge of tears.

Today I had my hair done and opted for something a little more "edgy" with my color (blond on top, dark brown underneath). I go Civello and they have you put on a coat for your haircut and I was actually able to tie it around my waist. 

After this I went and splurged on a pair of boots. I'm down a size  in shoes - I didn't know your feet would loose weight lol!

For lunch I had chicken pad thai and was able to get them to make it without noodles, I was thrilled.

For the first time in I don't know how long I felt like a "real" person. I walked and shopped without my knee brace or knee pain. I'm fitting into stylish clothes instead of trying to hide behind oversize t-shirts. Not only am I feeling much healthier physically, but mentally as well.

Anyway, just wanted to share. Thanks for reading

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/16 10:37 pm

That's fantastic! My only question is...what does pad Thai look like without noodles? Is it made with rice?

wiccandove
on 9/22/16 10:40 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/06/16

I got it from Thai Express, they just put extra bean sprouts instead. Still charged me the same price but thats ok :P

nitethyme
on 9/23/16 6:28 am - Etobicoke, Canada
RNY on 12/18/15

I love pad thai but never thought about asking with extra bean sprouts instead of noodles! What a great idea! This is why I love this forum ... so many helpful hints!!!! 

Referral: September 2014; TWH Orientation: December 9, 2014; Social Worker: March 2015; Nutrition Class: May 5,  2015; Nurse Practitioner: May 20, 2015; Psych Evaluation: August 2015; Nutritionist: September 2015; Meet the Surgeon: November 6, 2015; Pre-Op: December 4, 2015; Scheduled Surgery: December 18, 2015; HW 367; SW 341

Deb007
on 9/23/16 2:28 am

That is amazing!  What a feeling that must have been.  Congratulations.

Teena D.
on 9/23/16 3:41 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

That's wonderful! Congratulations and enjoy your meet-up. 

The best pad Thai I have ever had was noodle free made with shredded vegetables. It was from a vegan restaurant in Toronto. My friend had ordered it and when it came it was huge so we shared. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

crqvingchange
on 9/23/16 4:45 am

That's exciting.  The pad Thai without noodles is a great idea.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

(deactivated member)
on 9/23/16 2:17 pm - Canada

I really liked pad thai before surgery, haven't eat anything like that since surgery I will ask if they can do it the same.

About the shoe size Im looking for new boots and I have the same situation, the size Im wearing is to big for me now-9, Im trying 8,5 and it fits well. Next week I will try with the socks on to see if there will be any difference.

IamBettyCooper
on 9/26/16 2:12 pm

Half my shoes don't fit anymore!  I feel like I've lost 1/2 to 1 size.  Never thought I'd lose weight in my feet! Going to be a challenge figuring out what still fits for the fall/winter ... summer I am a flip flop girl and they always fit :-)

TWH ... Referral April 2015 ... Orientation July 2015 ... Psych Sept 2015 ... Social Worker Oct 2015 ... Nurse Practitioner Dec 2015 ... Nutrition Class Jan 2016 ... Nutritionist Feb 2016 ... Surgeon Appt April 2016 ... VGS Surgery July 2016

HW 294.2 SW 271 CW 183.1

Most Active
Recent Topics