Pre admission appointment

Cinderz
on 11/21/16 5:54 pm

Hello everyone, 

This morning I had my final appointment before surgery, via computer, the coolest part was how a doctor 4 hours away was able to listen to my heart and hear me breath via a stethoscope the nurse with me had...really technology wows me still. That aside, today is day 15 of Optifast, meaning I've only got 13 days left until surgery!!!! It's all so surreal. I remember when I used to dream of having the opportunity of having surgery never thinking it could actually be a reality for me. I am more exited and anxious then I am nervous but I'm sure the nerves will kick in the closer I get. I am looking forward to my journey and sharing it with everyone here. Checking the posts here has become a part of my daily routine and will continue to be. I'm so thankful to have found OH!!!! On another good note I've lost 14.4 lbs since starting optifast.

Teena D.
on 11/22/16 6:28 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Yeah! You're more than halfway through the opti!!  That seemed like such a long stretch when you first mentioned it, and you're right, technology is so incredible. Congrats on the weight loss and good luck  - keep us posted!!!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

leeann73
on 11/23/16 1:10 pm

how exciting for you!  keep us updated!

Copperma
on 11/23/16 10:11 pm
RNY on 12/02/16

Having my pre-admission on Dec 1st and surgery at the Ottawa Civic with Dr. Yelle on Dec 2ns.  I have been on the Optifast since Nove. 11th and this is the first day I have truly felt hungry.  Guess all those darned Thankgiving commercials, and Facebook posts about food have gotten to me.  I managed to soldier through!  Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.  I am both excited and really anxious to get this done.  I just hope the pain is not too severe.....I am a big suck when it comes to pain.  They tell me I have a high pain threshold, but I don't agree.  Any advice?

Cinderz
on 11/24/16 5:26 am

Hi Copperma, 

I found I was hungry the first few days and now every few days I feel physically sick, I get nauseous and I dry heave, my biggest problem is constipation!! I have noticed all the food and recipe videos on Facebook seems to have tripled since I've been on optifast lol. As much as Optifast has been my least favourite stage of the process I have to say I have learned so much about the mental aspect of my relationship with food. Any time I've dieted in the past and held back from eating certain foods it's usually the junk food and or fast food that would eventually break me, not eating anything for almost 3 weeks now I don't think about junk food, I look forward to sipping a couple teaspoons of cream soup!! In regards to being anxious, that's normal I believe, I still feel like this is a dream and I can't wait to wake up in the recovery room to be told that it's real and has actually happened! In regards to the pain, I do worry I will be one of the unlucky ones who experience a lot of pain but I'm trying not overthink it, I've had 2 c-sections and I figure if I can make it through that then this should be about the same!!! I plan on doing what has been recommend by everyone, walk, sip and toot!! Lol. Your surgery is 3 days before mine so please keep me posted on how you're doing, I look forward to hearing about your journey!!

Most Active
Recent Topics