can't sleep - sick?

leeann73
on 2/10/17 1:00 am

I have seen the clock every hour since midnight and have been up since two.  I have the cold sweats, headache and body aches - do you think this is a reaction to the opti fast - maybe my body is detoxing.  Could just be stress and worry. This is not good as I have a full day of work ahead of me. 

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/17 3:32 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Tis the season to get sick so it may just be that.  Two of us in my house have the exact thing you just described.  I sleep when I can and drink lots of warm drinks and take Tylenol. Not sure what day of Optifast you are on but I was really cold after about 2 days and it lasted only a few days then went back to normal and you can get a headache.  You could have keto flu as that is very common when people start a low carb diet.

Kathy1212
on 2/10/17 1:32 pm

I hope you're not sick. I got sick 10 days before surgery and spent the entire time scared my surgery would be cancelled.  Thankfully, it wasn't.  Take your temperature to make sure you don't have a fever.  Good luck!

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

sneezy6145
on 2/11/17 6:13 pm

It could be your body reacting because you're not as full as you usually are. Try a benadryl an hour before bed. I do that when I can't sleep.

Most Active
Recent Topics