Finally Home From Guelph!!

LauraLeafFan
on 2/20/17 4:45 am

Hi Leeann,

I have nothing but praise and respect for him.  He assured me and my family post op that he checked my pouch and bowels twice while in surgery to make sure there were no leaks.  The bleed happened two days later....and he said he sees it once a  year rough with this surgery.  When he told me that it's very rare we would be back in the OR and some extra ticket was all it took...I was good.  Plus I lost all my gas pains at that time which was an awesome plus.  

I would have  surgery with him again any day.   He has the best bedside manners.  He cares about his patients...and will pop in to see you in the morning and around 5 before he goes home.  I had a hiccup and instead of leaving it with the surgeon on call to handle who I was told did bariatric surgery...Dr.Bhojani came in on his days off even.  You don't get that with most surgeons out there.

Trust me you will do well....I am here if you have any questions or concerns.

It's really dry in the rooms I had a sore throat the whole time until 2 hours after I left lol.  Bring chapstick for your lips.

Will be thinking about you tomorrow....but relax you will do fine. 

Laura

LauraLeafFan
on 2/20/17 4:47 am

Oh in case you didon't know Dr. Jackson at TWH trained him and they are close friends today.  DR.Jackson is who Doug had as a surgeon and was awesome as well.

Just thought I would share...

Kathy1212
on 2/20/17 5:11 am

I'm so sorry you had to go through that; thank goodness you had such a caring surgeon who took such good care of you.

I'm glad you're home with your hubby now.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

LauraLeafFan
on 2/20/17 5:41 am

Thank you!!  Yea he is glad I am home too!!

Candi P.
on 2/20/17 5:35 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/01/17

Yay!! Glad to hear your home. Sorry you had a bit of a hiccup, but how awesome your Doc was a Superstar! I bet your sleep tonight will be amazing, as their is nothing like your own bed and surroundings.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Social Work Assessment: September 22nd, 2016, Nursing: October 17th, 2016, Nutrition: November 9, 2016, Psychology: January 10, 2017, Dietitian: January 12, 2017, Got Approval from Rounds: Jan 19, 2017, Meeting Surgeon: March 17, 2017, Pre-Op Appt: July 11, 2017, RNY Surgery Booked: Aug 1st, 2017 @ TWH

HW: 372.1, SW: 352.6, M1: 27.2, M2: 8, M3: 10.3 M4:

LauraLeafFan
on 2/20/17 5:44 am

My sleep was better for sure but I had to get used to a flat bed instead of a hospital bed.

Thanks....I would have been just as happy with TWH too....since hubby had Dr. Jackson..the nurses and staff are amazing there too!

Linda M.
on 2/20/17 10:35 am - Orillia, Canada

Hi Laura

Home Sweet Home.  Happy Family Day.  Thank you for sharing your journey and to Doug for keeping us posted.  I'm so thankful to also have Dr. Bhojani and knew he would be great both inside and with his follow through.  Leeann you will be in good hands as well.  There are always risks and your complication only proves how capable Dr. Bhojani is. Our Healthcare is excellent.

I'm seeing Dr. Agarwall tomorrow then post-op appointment on Thursday.   I have no doubt you will be well looked after and will heal well.  I'm thinking of you.  Keep the updates coming.  How long was the surgery and how long were you in recovery?   Just wondering for Hugh's sake.

All the best,

Linda

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

LauraLeafFan
on 2/20/17 12:05 pm

Hey Linda,

Thanks...yes home sweet home!!  Happy family Day to you as well!!

Dr. Agarwall came in daily to see me as well...he was great as well. 

Before they wheeled me is I asked how long?  I said 2 hours?and was told closer to 3.  My family said Dr. Bhojani came out to talk to them around 2.5 hours.  I wasn't in recovery long...maybe an hour....all my vitals were stable as was my breathing.  Now tell your hubby you will likely be out of it for a while I mean once back in your room....I was groggy until about 8:30 pm that night....it wasn't until then that I was alert...the girl next to me who also had Bhojani the day before said she was the same...outta it until 9pm.    

You are in awesome hands....I was making decaf tea in the kitchenette as I found warm fluid easier.

I will keep you posted!!

Laura

Most Active
Recent Topics