Over tasteless food

Jo0710
on 3/9/17 3:22 pm

I'm so annoyed. I knew my tastebuds would change but NOTHING tastes good or appealing to me anymore. I hope this doesn't last long because I take 1-3 spoons of food and then throw it out because it's nasty. I end up grabbing a spoonful of peanut butter or yogurt because food is so gross to me.

I finally got down chicken the other day but it didn't taste good either.

My go to eggs are also nasty now.

Please tell me this doesn't last too long or else I'm going to have a lot of issues.

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

LauraLeafFan
on 3/9/17 3:43 pm

I hope it works itself out for you. I find my taste buds are also heightened but so far what I have had tastes really good. I would be frustrated if I was you too.

Wishing you all the best!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/9/17 3:48 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

You sure you don't have thrush? Taste do change but things shouldn't taste horrible to the point where you can barely get it down. You could also just have really bad keto breath and that can sometimes make things taste metallic.

Jo0710
on 3/9/17 3:59 pm

How would I tell?

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

(deactivated member)
on 3/9/17 4:11 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Thrush at first, everything taste horrible and then eventually you get white stuff on your tongue and inside on the sides too. If it's keto breath the only thing to get rid of it is to eat more carbs. Being in ketosis gives you the best weight loss but some can't handle the breath. You could brush more often and suck on SF mints to see if that helps. Do you find your mouth taste awful even when you are not eating?

Jo0710
on 3/9/17 5:23 pm

Time to time but not all the time. I'll try the mints to see how that works first. Thanks :)

**Half the woman I was**

Most Active
Recent Topics