Books/Resources

Murt65
on 10/7/17 2:53 pm

I have been reviewing the guide given to me from St. Joes Hamilton and see a small list of recommended books:

The complete weight-loss surgery and diet program by Ekserci/Klein

Weight loss surgery cookbooks for dummies by Davidson/ Fouts/Meyers

Eating well after weight loss surgery by Levine/Bontempo-Saray

Recipes for life after weight-loss surgery by Furtado/Schultz

I am a bit of a keener so normally I would order all of these books. Any comments on them or suggestions for other books/resources?

St. Joes Hamilton - Referral June 16, Orientation Aug 16, Group Dietitian May 5, Nurse May 15, Social Worker Aug 15, 1:1 Dietitian Aug 15, Medical Internist Sept 18. Meet Surgeon Nov. 2/17 Preop Feb 12/18 Surgery Feb 16/18

Kathy1212
on 10/8/17 7:23 am

I love buying books and bought a nice bariatric cookbook before surgery. I couldn't use it immediately post op because of the liquid/puree/soft food stages, and I completely forgot about it until I read your post today; I'll have to go look for it now, lol.

You can type those titles in on Amazon and read the reviews to get a better idea of whether they've been helpful to others.

I found coming here and watching loads of Youtube videos daily helped put me in the right mind set.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Murt65
on 10/8/17 7:35 am

Thanks Kathy1212. I will interested in what book you have and if you like it. I just ordered the complete guide book and the eating well one too. I spent a while today reading the reviews. I like to research everything! Where did you find the YouTube videos?

St. Joes Hamilton - Referral June 16, Orientation Aug 16, Group Dietitian May 5, Nurse May 15, Social Worker Aug 15, 1:1 Dietitian Aug 15, Medical Internist Sept 18. Meet Surgeon Nov. 2/17 Preop Feb 12/18 Surgery Feb 16/18

Most Active
Recent Topics