Struggling with Optifast

Scary.Airy
on 4/17/18 6:17 pm

Hilarious; I've done Opti several times before in the past (and today is my day 2 of pre-op Opti) and I seriously have always loved it. I feel like a weirdo because everyone else seems to dislike it. (this is not saying I am not hungry and cranky on day 2! haha) I don't love i****ered down, like most people suggest, in fact I often put in less water so it's nice and thick like a milkshake.

Best suggestion I have if you seriously can't stand the taste is the Torani sugarless syrups (for coffee). The black cherry is amazing, but if you really want to try to get away from sweet, I think there is like some peppermint or lemon etc. that might cut the sweetness for you. I think a lot of people like it with (caffeine-free) coffee as well.

Squishy_in_the_middl
e

on 4/18/18 5:55 am

I have an earlier post in february where i also asked for help with optifast. I thought I was going to die on the very first day of opti. The sweats, shakes, dizziness and not being able to keep the stuff down. Your body goes into whats called "keto flu". It will pass.

As others have posted, add more water and ice. Blend it well. I found if I drank it while really cold it stayed down. As soon as the optifast reaches room temp i found it unappealing.

Just remember that it does get easier!

Orientation- May 2017, Pre nutrition class- Aug 2017, Blood work- Aug 2017. RPN meeting- Sept 2017. Dietician and Psychiatrist Dec 2017. Internist- Dec 2017. Meet the Surgeon Feb 20th 2018. VSG surgery march 17, 2018 with Dr. Gmora

Most Active
Recent Topics