Aching hips when sleeping new after Rny surgery

sweetpotato1959
on 1/14/19 8:08 pm

Islandgirl, did you try low dose of magnesium? muscles are in soft tissue. low level cramps will cause. as you have lost weight, it takes a long time for muscles to rebuild . magnesium and K2, one , taken daily. used in combination have been my best fix for hip pain. If you want to see if it works try 1-2 tablespoons of milk of mag... what ever you think yypur stomach will tolerate. ( laxative dose is 4-6)

sweetpotato1959
on 1/14/19 8:03 pm

Sunny,

lower back vertebrae out of alignment will cause this... to check that alignment lay on your back, no pillow,under shoulders or head.. on bed with knees flexed, knees bent to 90 degree. heels even, but not necessarily touching...if one knee is higher, back is out on that side. chiro showed me how to put in alignment.

take oppposite arm hook inner elbow behind the knee which is lower, rock back on bed clearing that hip . return to position... to set the alignment...give both legs a hug with both elbows hooked inside the bend of both legs and roll back to upper back.. again no pillow....

Atre you having muscle cramps? if so magnesium in citrate form would prob help. ( if you want to find out before buying mag citrate capsules...use a single dose of Milk of magnesia.. a dose of 2 tablespoon gives me relief from cramping within 15 min. It is hard for me to keeep mine up. and is one of my long standing problems.. I had tail bone injury from age 18, so often awaken to turn over. heating pad might help as well. If it is mineral problem try adding K2, which helps move minerals to proper place in body.

when i sit my backbone rubs everthing... have to have a very padded chair.. welcome to the club of discovering many body changes. Hope these things help...

Sunny2018
on 1/17/19 2:18 pm
RNY on 10/22/18

Great, thanks for all the info. I will test out the alignment today! I will also look at the magnesia idea.

I'm finding if I now sit for too long (1 hour at desk) hips are starting to ache too - once I get up and walk around, so much better.

Sunny

VickieOrtega21
on 1/14/19 10:04 am - Yucaipa , CA
RNY on 07/17/17

Generally this is sciatic pain from the lower back. I've had this for years. Also , strangely, after a 140 lbs loss I have hip pain from the angle of my skinny legs. I use a pillow made to pad between the knees. Really helpful. If you don't think this is your issue check with your doc ?

Sunny2018
on 1/17/19 2:20 pm
RNY on 10/22/18

Thanks Vickie- I'm going to try testing my alignment, and also look into Magnesium. But I think its best I make an appointment with Chiropractor to verify whats going on - always good to have a full check on how my body is adjusting. Will also check in with Bariatric support team (and Doctor).

Sunny

Most Active
Recent Topics