I thought recovery would be harder

VioletFemme
on 1/14/19 7:28 am - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

I guess at the appointment they prep you for potential non-life threatening complications and what not, but this recovery has been a breeze. I had surgery on Friday (the 4th). Friday and Saturday were the worst of it. I had ZERO abdominal pain except when trying to roll over. I mainly had back pain. I had nausea on Friday, but it was gone by Saturday. I was on prescription pain meds on Friday and Saturday but for my back, not cause of the surgery. I was able to be discharged on Saturday, but stayed until Sunday due to my hotel booking. On Sunday and Monday I tired easily and felt ZERO pain except, of course, when rolling over in bed and now getting out of bed 'cause I had no adjustable bed anymore. By Tuesday I was back to normal. I was doing everything I normally do except for lifting anything over 10lbs. At my one week post op appointment I was cleared to light fitness walking at the gym. I have had regular poops since Sunday, no upset stomach or vomiting. Nothing. I kind of regret taking a month off. I could have gone back on Wednesday. I don't know if this is typical or not, but not all recoveries are horrible. I am soooooooooooooooooo bored.

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019
I lost 100% of my excess weight.
Currently re-comping body/losing vanity pounds prior to plastics.

Mellywog
on 1/14/19 9:20 am
RNY on 06/17/19

That is fantastic to hear. Glad you are doing well.

Enjoy your time. I am taking at least a month off as well. I don't know about you but I can definitely use a time out from 'adulting' for a bit. LOL

VioletFemme
on 1/15/19 8:02 am, edited 1/15/19 2:42 am - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

I opened my work email and saw my inbox and then decided it was a good moment to turn off my computer.

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019

SweetRide1
on 1/14/19 1:02 pm
RNY on 01/16/18

Good Stuff! Congratulations!

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

Shrnkin Butterfly
on 1/14/19 6:41 pm
RNY on 02/19/19

Congratulations! So happy to hear you are doing great! Best of luck!

JRo
on 1/14/19 7:17 pm - Cobourg , Canada

Thank you for posting this! Makes me feel a bit more at ease about my up coming surgery (starting 2 weeks of slim time tomorrow).

jayjen789
on 1/15/19 6:33 am - Greater Toronto Area, , Canada
RNY on 12/12/18

Congrats! Happy you are doing so well. It was the same for me except I had indescribable gas pain. I took the month off but luckily, going back early was welcomed. Take care :-)

Mellywog
on 1/15/19 6:56 am
RNY on 06/17/19

So glad you are doing so well!

marsbar
on 1/15/19 6:49 am - scarborough Ontario, Canada
RNY on 03/15/19

Congratulations I'm glad you're doing so great! I am someone with a very low pain tolerance and I'm just hoping and praying that my recovery will be as smooth as yours. I like to read everyone's stories on their experience during recovery whether good or bad but yours gives me the best hope that it might not be so bad. Thanks for sharing!

VioletFemme
on 1/15/19 8:00 am - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

I will say that I've had zero complications (so far). I think I made recovery a lot scarier in my head than it ended up to be. The first two days, I admit, were horrible, but it's so much better on the other side. If you're feeling apprehensive about having surgery because of the recovery, don't let it detour you. Some may have pain and nausea longer than me, but it's not excruciating. Best decision of my life.

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019

Most Active
Recent Topics