Rainy Days and Mondays. . .

Laureen S.
on 2/10/13 11:13 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Well hell, if it's got to rain, best be on a Monday. . . at least here it's washing all the snow away. . .what little we had in this area (Philly/Western South NJ).

I had a busy, yet laid back weekend thanks to the weather. . .  Saturday I did the gym thing in the a.m., came home, cleaned my house, then went to dinner with a friend of mine, stopped to pick up a few sale items at the grocery store and then home where I was tired and falling asleep while playing the silly game I have become addicted to (Candy Crush Saga (lol)).  Sunday it was to the gym, home to have breakfast, out to an AA meeting and then home where I made a nice Beef Goulash for dinner, a quick visit to my son's house, home to have dinner and cook up some veggies for my work week, so that my food plan is in order for success.  Went to bed at a decent hour unsure as to whether I'd be up to the gym this morning, having gone 3 days in a row.

So I woke up at 5:15 and decided to take my time and go to the gym this evening instead of the early morning workout I usually do during the week. . .  I am listening to my body, trying to keep with a plan and not wear myself too thin with it, because that sets me up for a case of the "f its". . .  The good news is I am finally seeing results, the scale has moved downward, it is slow going, but results is what matters to me and if all continues in this trend, I might actually feel a sense of accomplishment.  I just want to fit comfortably in the clothing that is in my drawers for the season to come. . .  no new clothing in bigger sizes is my object!

For those of you early in your journey, don't be put off by my post, this is a lifelong process of unlearning and relearning new ways to maintain what this life altering surgery gives us, but it is not easy once you pass the first few years and what you learn to do in the early stages will keep you maintaining a more healthy and happier lifestyle for years to come.  I fell off the exercise wagon and at my age, there is very little wiggle room (I am almost 58).

Well folks, it's a good day to be alive and I am grateful to be healthy and well and unlike the song, I am not down. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

musicaldonna
on 2/11/13 2:17 am - PA

Laureen,

Sounds like a very productive weekend for you.  So glad that the gym is working out for you.  My weekend was fairly quiet.  I stayed in on Saturday, did some laundry and caught up on some phone calls.  Yesterday I met a friend for lunch.  Today I am doing my mom's taxes and getting a massage.  Tomorrow it is off to school to work on the candy sale and maybe volunteer in the 1st grade.  Even though it is a blah day I am happy that we did not get the snow that NY and New England received over the weekend.  Hope that the rest of your day went well.

Donna

bvohl
on 2/11/13 4:50 am
Yeah for you!!!
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1804 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1902 views