Greetings From Michigan

Patricia R.
on 2/13/13 5:03 am - Perry, MI

Hello PA Peeps,

After breaking my right foot right before Christmas, then having surgery on it right after Christmas, I spent six weeks recuperating at my sister's in Levittown, while my belongings came to my new home in Michigan.  Finally, Thursday, I got my cast off, received a boot, and left with my son driving.  I am now settling into my new home, which I am renting from my daughter and son-in-law.  They unpacked my kitchen, and organized it better than I ever could have.  

I had all three of my kids, and grandkids here when I arrived.  Chris had flown from New York to Detroit for business on Thursday, and couldn't get a return flight Friday, because of the snow.  So he had Colleen pick him up, and we had some great time to visit.

I've been getting acclimated to the snow, and cold, while Utley is glad to be back on his own couch.

I'll be checking in regularly, now that I have Internet.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 2/14/13 12:43 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Trish,

Good to hear that you are settling in and that hopefully all the issues you've had to deal with are now left behind.  Fresh start and hopefully a wonderful new adventure with you being able to share in the munchkins lives! 

Hope your foot heals well and that Michigan is a good place to be.  I'm sure you will make lots of new friends through your church affiliation, as well as once you get connected with AA there!  That is one of the beautiful things about being in recovery, if you move and get connected through taking an AA job you will quickly make lots of new friends!

Best wishes, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 2/14/13 10:07 am - Perry, MI

Hey Laureen,

Thanks for your encouragement.  I've been to meetings here before, so I know where they're at.  Unfortunately, I can't drive for two weeks, and my daughter has a nine month old, three year old, and five year old to keep her crazy busy, I feel horrible asking her to take me to doctor appointments.  Today is the end of the first week, so I have one more week of not driving.  If the meetings were closer, it would be different for me.  I used to live five minutes from the 12 Keys in Bristol, which has four or five meetings a day.  Now, the closest clubhouse is 30 minutes from here,and it has one meeting a day.  The closest meeting outside the clubhouse is a Mens meeting.  The rest are 30 minutes.

I still talk to my PA sponsor regularly.  I am grateful that the thought of a drink never comes to mind, as I haven't even had the desire for a drink since January 2010.  I'm praying a lot, and keeping in constant contact with God.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

musicaldonna
on 2/15/13 7:47 am - PA

Trish,

So happy to see you back on the board.  I have missed seeing your postings.  Also happy that things are progressing nicely on the foot front.  You'll be back to driving before you know it.  I know that you love being near the munchkins and I am sure that your daughter and son-in-law are also very happy to have you around.  Glad that you still will be checking in with your old PA peeps.  We need to see the familiar faces around the board.  IT's spring training so I hope that you can get the Phillies' games out there.  I also hope that this season goes better than the last one did.  Anyhow just wanted to let you know that you have been missed.  Take care.

Donna

Patricia R.
on 2/15/13 9:08 pm - Perry, MI

Thanks Donna,

You can be sure I'll be getting the Phillies games on MLB.TV.  My son lives in Manhattan, and watches them that way, when they're not playing New York.

Thanks again.

Hugs,

Trish

Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 2/15/13 7:58 pm

Trish,

So glad to hear that you made it to Michigan safely! I know that you are happy being closer to your family and I am sure you will settle in quite nicely. It sounds like it!!

Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing!

Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 2/15/13 9:12 pm - Perry, MI

Thanks Beth,

You know I'm happier near my daughter instead of at my sister's.  You probably saw my posts on Facebook about that ordeal.

I am thrilled to finally be here.

Hugs,

Trish

Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 2/16/13 7:31 am - Philadelphia, PA

Trish;

Glad to see you posting and so happy to hear you have made it to Michigan! 

Enjoy all the days you will now have with your grandbabies and your daughter. 

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 2/18/13 8:04 am - Perry, MI

Thanks Ida,

I'm thrilled to be here in Michigan.  I get to attend church with my daughter's family, and am over at her house, either babysitting or visiting several times a week.  Right now, I can't drive, so my daughter and the kids take me into town for appointments and shopping.  The town I'm in has a pricey grocery store, so we have to drive 30 minutes away for better prices, as well as any other shopping.  

Hugs,

Trish

Albert Schweitzer

jastypes
on 2/17/13 11:57 pm - Croydon, PA

Hey, Trish, good to see you posting.  You're gonna be missed at the Keys!  Glad all sounds like it going well, though.  Prayers for continued healing, and for fellowship opportunities in your new home!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1800 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1893 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2572 views