An observation

jastypes
on 2/17/13 11:54 pm - Croydon, PA

I am on Day 21 of a really good, solid abstinence -- eating on my plan; exercising -- and I note that I do not have to "punish" my body or deprive myself in order to feel good, get good results, and be the healthiest me I can be.  What I am doing now feels comfortable, good and right.  I am back to weighing and measuring my food, logging it in to myfitnesspal.com, turning my food logs into my nutritionist daily, exercising a bit (not as much as I could, but more than I was), staying in touch with my Higher Power.  I would like to live in this place, not just visit it every now and then.  My scale is hidden because it becomes an obsession, and I know that if I weigh and measure what I eat, then I don't have to weigh and measure myself. 

Thanks for listening and for being part of my journey.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

musicaldonna
on 2/18/13 1:13 am - PA

Kuddos Jill on your healthy way of living.  I get that you want to live in this place, not just visit it.  The way I see it - everytime you come here and stay longer than the last time you are ahead of the game.  The program says that we need to stay in the present and keep on coming back - it works when you work it.  My therapist gave me some good advice one time - when I live in the past it is with regret, when I live in the future it is with anxiety, when I live in the present I am really living.  Just for today you are doing what is right for you, your body and your spirit.  Rejoice and be glad.  Take care.

Donna

Patricia R.
on 2/18/13 2:09 am - Perry, MI

Hi Jill,

While my food is not totally sugar free, I am living free of bingeing, and somehow still loving the weight.  I am currently not able to exercise, with the broken foot, but I am now living near my daughter and grandchildren, where we will be doing lots of walks and bike rides once the weather warms, and my foot is completely healed.

I've been content to live in the present, and enjoy the freedom that comes with acceptance of where I am, and how my body is right now.

Keep up the good work.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

gymjory
on 2/19/13 5:38 am

Way to to Jill!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1800 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1893 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2572 views