Happy St. Patrick's Day - early Roll Call

musicaldonna
on 3/15/13 12:07 am - PA

Good Morning PA peeps!

Just wanted to post and wish everyone an early Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Not a big day for me but I know that there are many who truly enjoy the celebration.  Nothing too much going on with me this weekend.  Am going to a celebration on Sunday.  The rest of the weekend will just be filled with normal chores - laundry, food shopping, cleaning (maybedevil)  Whatever you do make sure that you enjoy being in the moment - that's all we have.  Our moments post-op are much better than they were prior to our WLS.

Just an aside - has any one heard from Ida?  I know that she was starting a new job and I was just wondering if everything was okay with her and Gene.  When I don't see one of the "regulars" posting for a while I get concerned.  Anyhow make these next few days memorable in the healthiest sense possible.  Take care.

Donna

Patricia R.
on 3/15/13 10:39 pm - Perry, MI

Top of the Mornin' Donna and PA Friends,

I see Ida on Facebook.  She hasn't posted anything personal lately, but she does post.  

I don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day the way the rest of the U.S. does.  I wear the green, and buy stuff for my grandchildren though.  Given the fact that my name is Patricia Reilly, there's no denying I'm Irish.  Then, I named my daughter Colleen Patricia.  Very Irish name.  

I've been busy unpacking, and babysitting regularly since my arrival here in Michigan.  While my new drivers license says Michigan, my hometown is Levittown, Pennsylvania.  I just love living two blocks away from my grandchildren.

Today has me heading to the bank, and then an AA meeting.  I also need to stop at the grocery store, and pick up a few items.  

I finally signed up for MLB.TV.  Now, I can watch my Phillies games.  Plus, at the end of July, the Phillies are coming to Detroit for inter-league play.  My son, Chris, may fly in for that weekend.  I told my daughter that I'd buy tickets for my two older grandchildren, but she and her husband are on their own.  Frankie gets in for free, we think.

Gotta scoot.

Hugs,

Trish

'

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 3/15/13 11:04 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Good Morning Donna;

thanks for thinking of me!

I am good.  Love the new job, getting acclimated, enjoying the management end of things, I have 16 direct reports.  So my days are quite full, they go by so quickly now.  I'm amazed every day when I look at my watch and it's noon.  I enjoy my senior management, I knew I would, like I said she has been stalking me for years to bring me back to the department.  The company is growing at an amazing rate, not sure how we are doing it but we are!

The house is still the house.  The legal side of it is heating up again, so we'll see what happens in the next few weeks or so.  there are odds and ends that need to be completed in the house - our son-in-law will complete that when he has time, hopefully this summer the court case will be over with so we can put the deck off the back of the house.  We did have to have an engineer and house inspector in the house to make reports on what they found below standards - that will go to the judge - they found stuff is all I can say.

Gene is good.  He's out today to a training with a man that studied under Sal Minuchin - the same program Gene did some of his post graduate work in.  He's really excited about that today.  He'll be teaching a doctoral level course in Addictions starting in May.  We are still muddling through the contracting and credentialing processes with various health insurers.

the kitties are still at odds.  Hider is never going to like Ez.  Ez is so cute and funny there are nights we just sit here and laugh at his antics.  He's so keen and interested in everything always watching to see what we are doing.  The other night he was jumping up to the latch on the basement door to open it to get into the room where Hider was.  It was amazing watching him try to figure out how to open the latch.  He didn't but spent a good 45 minutes trying.  Hider is getting old, we realize we probably have a few good years left with her, it is a shame she will not warm up to Ez, all he wants is someone to hang out with.

Now off to start my long list of stuff I want to accomplish today.  Want to have the kids home for Easter dinner so I have to get the house in a Presentable order, I asked Gene if he wants to invite his family so he's thinking about it.  Not sure if the house if ready to present to his family yet.  I'm looking forward to spending time cooking a nice Easter dinner this year.  I have off Holy Thursday and Good Friday from work, that will give me a few extra days to cook and clean whatever I don't get cleaned this weekend and next.

Happy St. Patty's day to those who celebrate. 

Ida

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1800 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1893 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2572 views