took a nasty fall flat on my tummy 6 weeks after TT

Debra Welker
on 6/11/12 3:48 am - Kaukauna, WI
We were at our cottage over the weekend and the neighbors invited us over for a cookout. They have two huge yellow labadors they came up behind me and knocked me to the ground. I tried catching myself but ended up flat on my stomach elbows and chin. It will be 6 weeks tomarrow that I had my TT, all I could think of was getting up and seeing blood on my shirt. Fortunetly nothing came open but I have 2 nice bruises on my incision, I called in this morning and they said as long as its not open and doesnt hurt bad I should be OK, and to keep moist heat on which I am anyway for the fluid  Im still carring around. I was so worried abount internal injuries but she said its probably just bruised, thanks GOD. Deb
(deactivated member)
on 6/11/12 4:05 am - CA
Glad to hear you're okay!! It's like you need a force field around you after surgery! LOL!
Crazeru
on 6/11/12 9:27 am
How scary for you.  Glad you just have bruises, they should heal fairly quickly. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Tess145
on 6/11/12 9:50 am - Senatobia, MS
So sorry for your injuries.  It would scare me to death if I fell right now.  I hope everything is okay for you.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

Debra Welker
on 6/11/12 10:27 am - Kaukauna, WI
Thanks I really appreciate all the concern, I still cant belive that happened to me. I felt my stomach hit the ground and OH my god I was scared.Deb
JustLookingToo
on 6/11/12 2:39 pm - AL
Arrrgggg...my worst fear right now! I have two Giant Schnauzers, and they can get pretty crazy at times. I kept my male put up all day today, just because I had to leave the house and I was afraid he might run up behind me and "paw" me. He's well-trained, but bad about wanting to "touch" everything with his paw. He's also afraid of bad weather, and the weather has been awful all weekend (my TT was on Thursday). 

I hope you are only bruised, but thanks for the reminder that I have good reason to be cautious around the Giants until I'm well-healed. Feel better soon.

Most Active