Hair Growth!!??

Sarah C.
on 6/12/06 11:52 am - Mesa, AZ
HI, I was diagnosed with PCOS like 8 years ago, and I have the lovely side affect of the over growth of hair!! That sucks!! Anyway, my ? is, does it go away or get better with the weight loss? Particularly RNY? I hope so, cuz it is rather embarassing! Any info would be great! Thanks, Sarah
Kristy T.
on 6/18/06 4:44 am - Stockton, CA
I did notice that the hair on my belly and arms got better after I had surgery and my hormones normalized. As for the facial hair, the sides got better (where it was just peach fuzz) but where I had the dark coarse hair (chin area) it didn't get better...but it stopped getting worse. Unfortunately now that this type of hair has started to grow the only thing that's going to get rid of it is some kind of permanent hair removal like laser removal. It sucks, but at least it's not getting worse. Good luck! Kristy EDD 8/6/06 33 weeks today! It's a girl - Alice Kay
Sarah C.
on 6/18/06 10:53 am - Mesa, AZ
thank you so much. I have heard it gets better, but haven't heard that from someone that has been there!
Darlene X
on 6/21/06 9:52 am - Maricopa, AZ
Sarah!!!! Hey! Another thing we have in common... PCOS..... Im hoping weight loss helps with my hair issues too, but from what ive heard it really doesn't make too much difference. I have pretty much a full beard I have to shave daily... its very embaressing for me. One thing I do know, is that surgery will help get my hormones in whack, and once my hormones have settled, then laser hair removal is more effective Darlene
jeaninne
on 7/12/06 6:34 am - Cleveland, OH
Dear Sara, I feel your pain! I have not yet had my procedure yet however, I did just start with the laser hair removal and its wonderful.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1057 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 3009 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3617 views