Nasty, But gotta Ask?????

butter
on 6/20/06 12:18 am - Simpsonville, SC
This is a little gross sorry! I was diagnosed with Pcos about a year ago. After a year without periods my doc finally had me checked out, anywoooo, I had my surgery three weeks ago and have been bleeding off and on since I got home from the hospital. Well, two days ago I had to run to the bathroom because it felt like the dam gave way, keep in mind I had a tampon in?? anyways go to the bathroom, pull the tampon out and had a monster clot!! It was the size of my palm!!! I had three more that night, but they were not as big but HUGE compared to anything I have ever seen!! Yesterday I had a few small ones, nothing much today. Anyways my question is has anyone else experienced this since surgery?? If it gets any worse I will call the gyno. Thanks, Nora
mizzymizan
on 6/20/06 2:03 am - pompano bch, FL
I too have pcos. When i was put on metformin my first period was so heavy and i had a lot of clots. I have not had the surgery yet but the tissue and clots are the cysts that have been on your ovaries since you have not been having a regular period. Every month the egg turns into a cyst and attaches to your ovaries. That is all the old eggs and linings. I would go to your gyno to see. This was what i was told my mine. Good luck
butter
on 6/20/06 2:31 am - Simpsonville, SC
I am sure you are right. thanks so much
Kristy T.
on 6/21/06 5:18 am - Stockton, CA
I wouldn't fret too much, it's all mucous and some tissue that has built up over time since before surgery we cysters aren't exactly regular. If it continues though I'd call your OB. Good luck and congrats on your surgery! Kristy EDD 8/6/06 33w3d It's a girl - Alice Kay
Darlene X
on 6/21/06 9:45 am - Maricopa, AZ
I always have large clots when I get a period... I figure it' mostly because I tend to go long between periods.... my periods are VERY VERRRYYY heavy and painful...
mert
on 7/7/06 1:02 pm - TX
I have not had a period for two years and have decided it must be menopause ( I am 49 years old, BMI 49, soon to begin process for surgery, undecided which surgery). So there may be a possibility that I'm in for a major period after WLS? Lovely. Oh well. It will be worth it. Darlene, how has PCOS been since RNY ? Are there any other PCOS post RNY ladies out there too?
purpleyef
on 9/8/06 3:20 am - Gilbert, AZ
I have PCOS and had the RNY in November. I started bleeding the same day after surgery and continued for about 5 days. It wasn't very heavy though. I had another a few weeks later and then nothing for two months but then at the insistence of my surgeon I went on birth control. He was freaking out worried that I was going to get pregnant so I figured I better do it. LOL. Anyhow my GYN said that since I want to get pregnant once my surgeon gives me the ok it is actually better to be on birth control because like someone said earlier when you don't have a period the eggs just form into cysts and leave a thick hard shell around your ovaries making it impossible to get pregnant. So having it once a month will keep my ovaries healthy so when I want to get pregnant I will have a better chance at doing so. Anyway, the point of my long story is that my first 3 periods after starting the birth control were VERY heavy and crampy and would last up to 10 days. I had alot of large clots as well which I was told was normal. The last couple have been much lighter and very few clots and are only about 5 days now.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1058 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 3011 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3618 views