(Kinda long) Question for Post ops... or anyone that can shed some light

Soule
on 8/25/06 1:31 pm - Charlotte, NC
WOW! How this board has increased since I've last had a look... Well hello ladies!! I hope this post doesnt offend or throw anyone off the board (alot of tmi), but I have a question for any post ops that kinda follow their cycles... or anyone who may know whats going on.... or someone who may be trying to conceive... JUST ANYBODY!! Before my surgery, I only had periods with the help of progesterone (since about age 12-26). Now, every month since my surgery, my periods have come on their own with no medicine necessary. Funny thing is... like clockwork right after ovulation (or at least an LH surge according to my opk), my nipples get highly sensitive. I cant really call them sore. It doesnt make me cry or double over from pain, nor does it bother me to be in a bra... but this is so strange to me. The breasts swell too, but there is no sensitivity there, just in the exact nipples themselves!!! It happens for 14 days straight, and then the day my AF starts... the sensitivity is gone!! From my online research, this is most likely high estrogen. But I have my doubts. I find it weird that a pcos symptom like high estrogen would be popping up AFTER my surgery... especially when I've NEVER had this symptom before surgery. In all my former blood tests, high estrogen has never shown up... so why now? Especially after losing 160lbs.... I dont get it!!! I just want to know if any of you gals have experienced this??? Or maybe discussed high estrogen with your doc? Does anyone else have this DARN SYMPTOM? I am not scheduled to see an Endo/R. endo until late September, but this sensitivity is really puzzling me... I am not trying to conceive at the moment, but choose to see a R. Endo since I just personally feel they are more knowledgeable about pcos. (just in case you're wondering) YOU CAN EMAIL ME PRIVATELY, IF U PREFER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just hope someone can shed some light before I see the doc.
Jen Jen J.
on 8/26/06 7:44 am - Houston, TX
Hi Soule, I have had irregular periods as a result of PCOS since I first began menstrating. Since surgery I have been regular, in that about every 45 days I am getting my period. I have read that the estrogen that is stored in the fats cells is processing out as the fat burns and that is the reason for our now "normal" menstration. Talk to your endocrine and see what he/she says. God Bless! Jen
Soule
on 8/26/06 7:53 am - Charlotte, NC
Hi Jen, Thanks for the information!!! So I guess I'm releasing alot of estrogen from the body now that I am losing weight... what you said makes sense. Had to post though, since waiting a whole month to see a doc is killing me!!!! Hopefully, she'll have some answers. Thanks again!!!
heatherevond
on 8/26/06 1:49 pm - Madison, AL
I had an IUD put in pre-op because of high blood pressure and pcos. But after a year and hell on my intimitate life I had it pulled out. Even with the help of "birth control" the ring and patch, I was bleeding 10 to 12 days into my cycles and it would last for 10 days. Without birth control I've had three "normal cycles" that range from 34-31 days. I'm not sure if I've really ovulated yet (we're not going to officially try until the one year mark) but the fact that I have "normalish" cycles is reassuring to me. I've had to use injectible fertility medications in the past with two successful pregnancies. I'm of the opinion that our bodies are still in shock post-op and the fat that we are shedding is releasing a large amount of hormones. I would definitely talk to your RE or endocrinologist. There are some tests they can do to see what your body is doing ... Hugs! Heather
Soule
on 9/19/06 3:17 pm - Charlotte, NC
Hey, Thanks for your input Sassy. I still have a week to go until I see my RE, and am just on wits end with the wait to find out just whats going on. But I think you are right... I think its all a shock thing with estrogen and these fat cells. But I guess I cant complain.... at least I am normalizing (? is that even a word?) and dont need the dreaded progesterone anymore. And I like your name by the way!!!! lol ~Soule~ 415/230 and still running....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1058 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 3011 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3618 views