Using BC to stop irregular bleeding

Katrina aka Mrs
Buddha

on 9/25/06 2:13 am - Florence, KY
Hi! Okay, so here's my situation. I'm diagnosed with all sorts of things, PCOS being one of them. I've been bleeding for ten weeks (yes you read that right). Not just spotting, but the heavy nasty ruin-your-clothes-&-office chair-@work kind. I'm averaging about two hours going through a super plus tampon and wearing two pads just in case. Talk about getting old fast. I had a pelvis ultrasound done. Oh good god. My doc didn't tell me it was external AND internal. But it just showed a thick lining that my body is getting rid of. Oh joy. I was started on Ortho Novum, 3 pills a day until the bleeding stopped, then 2x for a week, then 1x as normal. On 3 pills a day, I got very very sick, but the bleeding stopped. When I went down to 2, the bleeding came back, and this time, followed with a bunch of nasty icky clot stuff. I did this for 3 weeks and finally called my doctor in tears. I had to leave work one day after ruining my outfit and my office chair. Talk about embarassing, right? My doc sent me to a GYN. She reviewed the results of my ultra sound and said "okay, take these pills instead". She gave me Yaz to start taking. 3x day until bleeding stops, etc etc. So I've been on those for five days now. Guess what? Still bleeding. I called the office and begged for a D&C and was told no, that unless I'm anemic or it's life threatening, they won't do one this early. Never mind that I'm in my tenth freaking week of blood loss. When it finally stops, I'll be taking 1 yaz and 1 ortho novum pill every day. Can anyone offer any suggestions at all??? I'm at a loss of what to do. Thanks so much. K.
Danielle E.
on 9/26/06 10:26 pm - McMinnville, TN
I had the same problem. I was on the Birth Control shot (so I would not have a period), but I have been on it for almost 3 months straight. I called my Dr. about 1 month ago he called me in some Estogen, that did not help. I went in to see him last week and he put me back on my Metformin and Byetta (I had been off both since RNY because my diabetes was gone). I REALLY think the Metformin is working, I have a SUPER (clotting) period day a couple of days after I starting taking the Metformin, but not I have nothing. I also think the Metformin is helping me lose weight. I have lost around a pound everyday since I starting taking it again (even if I slip uo and eat a handful of Baked Cheetos, they are my downfall!!!). Danice
Katrina aka Mrs
Buddha

on 9/28/06 12:50 am - Florence, KY
Keep your fingers crossed! I'm down to two pills a day and almost no bleeding!!! *happy dance*
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1076 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 3032 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3630 views