A glitch in my pre op

Bearcat
on 10/7/06 11:03 am - Deer Park, NY
I was just diagnosed after having the standard routine pre op sonogram show a pelvic mass; then following up with a Cat Scan and MRI that I have a 10 cm, what they believe is a cyst, on my ovary. I went to a GYN Oncology Surgeon who will remove my ovary the same day I have my Bypass surgery. They will send it down to pathology for an immediate evaluation and as long as it is not cancerous, they will go forward with the Bypass. I am soooooo nervous. I am waiting for a date. Please keep me in your prayers that the cyst will not be abnormal; and I will be able to have the bypass as scheduled. If it is cancer, the bypass will not be able to be done; and he will have to open me up to do a Total Abdominal Hysterectomy. Thank You Barbara
troopersma
on 10/7/06 3:26 pm
Barbara - I'm hoping all turns out well for you. Cysts are pretty normal so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I had a torsed ovarian cyst when I was 13 weeks pregnant and had to have surgery. It was the size of a football and gangrenous (sp?) but it wasn't cancerous (just gross!). It's good that they can coordinate the surgeries and do it all at one time. Good luck. Jane
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1070 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 3022 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3625 views