1 month post op, having hard time with my periods.

adelpha23marke
on 10/17/06 12:13 am - Prestonsburg, KY
I had barely had a period for the last year, I went and had my surgery on sept 111th and started on the 12 not too bad. but I have lost 30 pounds and all of a sudden I am having really hard periods like i did when i was 16 , it is so bad I cant go out to the store . Is this normal for someone who has PCOS.
kiddodoc
on 10/21/06 10:46 am - Pontiac, IL
Although I haven't had surgery, I have heard that this is common. Likely if you speak to your OB/GYN they would recommend going on OCP. It could really alleviate the pain. Hope you are feeling better soon!
Kristy T.
on 11/1/06 4:31 pm - Stockton, CA
Part of it is the release of estrogen thats been stored in your fat cells and is being released. If it continues or gets to bad I'd call your OB/GYN and get in to see him/her. Unfortunately it hasn't happened to me...but I hope it gets better for you!! Kristy DD - Alice Kay 7/31/06
Roanne67
on 11/28/06 11:44 pm - PA
well it just happened to me 2 days ago....i lost 30 lbs and am 1 month and i feel like i am in agony and i can't leave the house out of fear of a blood bath ....i take progesterone pills before surgery and will continue to i suppose but if it doesn't stop in a week i am going to call the md...i can't go through the birth control pill regimen he gave me last time of 5 a day for 4 days...i puked and puked....so i am really scared....i just wish i had a hysterectomy...it is such a hassle....let me know what ur md says i am curioius....Roe
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1070 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 3022 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3625 views