QUESTIONS...........

Miss Ladybug
on 10/20/06 6:21 pm - Folsom, CA
I have been trying to lose my 10% for over a year now, and can not! I found our last year that I have fibroids and my obgyn gave me hormones (didn't take), I do not want to take hormones, so I put them on the shelf and never took them. When I found out that I had fibroids I was seen by another obgyn. I switched to him and am going to see him on 11/1/2006. This doctor had different ideas on how to treat fibroids. I wonder if this is PCOS? I take a lasix because of water retention in my body, but for 14 days I can not get rid of the water. I gain 8-10 lbs during this time. My back hurts so bad because of the swelling. I have been reading some posts and someone was saying something about skin tags. I have them, but I don't have dark patches of skin. About a year ago I was having heavy bleeding and clots, and that is how I found out that I had fibroids. My periods have gotten better, but I think that is because I am heavy. Anyway, just wanted to ask you all what should I say to my OBGYN on 11/1? Is there a cure to help us who have to lose weight before surgery? Thanks, Miss Ladybug Annabelle
Mistyb01
on 10/21/06 11:55 am - Groton, CT
The best thing you can do to see if you have PCOS is go to your doctor. They need to test your all hormone levels, especially the ones secreted by your brain, they also need to test your insulin levels to see if you're insulin resistance. Also type in Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. But really the best way to find out is to see a doctor. Because it's a syndrome you may not have everything. Just see the doc, request the tests and wait and see. If you even think you may have this I highly suggest you see the doc soon.
Miss Ladybug
on 10/21/06 3:42 pm - Folsom, CA
Thank you, I am going to see my OBGYN on 11/1
Mistyb01
on 10/22/06 4:26 am - Groton, CT
I am so glad to hear you have an appointment. For me I had never heard of PCOS until I had a new doctor and was talking with her about my problems loosing weight, and the little black hairs on my face. She said she was going to test for PCOS and explained what all the blood tests would be looking for. I have all the hormone inbalances and the insulin resistantce but no cysts on my ovaries go figure. It explained alot for me. I had always been a tall thin child until I started puberty and started gaining weight. We couldn't figure out why. For the most part I had never been a big eater or a sneak eater. Anyway, I continued to gain weight and just had the gastric bypass (rny) on the 16th. I had looked into the band first but that would not do anything for my insulin resistance. Anyway good luck to you with your doctors appointment. I hope everything comes out well. Best Wishes, Misty
Miss Ladybug
on 10/22/06 5:32 am - Folsom, CA
Yep, I just changed OBGYN's because of a year ago I went to see an OBGYN as an emergency, and that is when we found Fibroids, and this doctor had many ways of how to treat them, but I was going to see my OBGYN, so he said to wait and see what she says. When I saw her she just said take these hormones. I never did because I didn't want to gain weight, and she really didn't tell me the side affects, nor give me other options like the other doctor did, so I switched, and now I am going to see him on the 1st. You know, back in 1995 I had a tubule pregnancy, and had to have my tube taken out and at that time the doctor who did the surgery said that I had a cyst on my ovary. Anyhow, I am excited to see this doctor that I saw a year ago, and him being my new OBGYN. This is the first I have heard of this syndrom, and I would be one to say that I didn't know that something could be going wrong in your body that would prevent you from losing weight, you know all I hear is diet and exercise..........
Mistyb01
on 10/22/06 8:32 am - Groton, CT
Yep, I know what you mean. After I found out I laughed and told my husband atleast now I know that I'm not turning into a fat harry sasquatch for no reason. Then when I started to learn more about the PCOS I freaked. I thought I was just going to drop dead because of the increased risked on heart problems and such but I got over that and am just trying to be health. I'm glad to hear you're going to good obgyn that is important that you're comfortable with them and like them
Miss Ladybug
on 10/22/06 11:10 am - Folsom, CA
Maybe that is why I have high blood pressure and edema? I am so glad that I found this forum, and YOU. It is starting to make sense now. I sure hope this doctor will be able to help me. He did mention that one of the treatments for fibroids is a DNC. I can not wait until I can see him. I just don't want Kaiser to just add another "PILL" to cover up the problem. I want the root cause and a solution. Thank you for talking to me about this, I don't feel like I am losing my mind anymore.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1070 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 3022 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3625 views