I'm tired and looking for answers.

Toya
on 10/28/06 1:31 pm
Hello, I am 35 years old I found out that I had pcos since I was 19 years old. I Have been batteling with my weight for the past 8 years I cant keep it off I dont eat a lot of food but I can go crazy over sweets. Im starting to look like a chia pet I have hair everywhere there is skin oh yeah but the hair on my head is thinning. I am considering getting the Lap Band. Has anyone with pcos been sucessful with keeping the weight off. I need help !!!! Im 5'0 and 211lbs.
Danielle J.
on 11/1/06 12:16 am - Brooklyn, NY
Toya, I'm 31 years old, I weighed 469 pre-op.....I'm also 5'10. I have PCOS and had lapband surgery on July 17th, 3 1/2 months ago. I have lost 50 pounds. Just like yourself, I don't care anything about food....per se....just sweets...ADDICTED TO THEM, ACTUALLY. And what's really bad is that the sweets is the worst thing for our condition with PCOS. Sweets further aggravate the symptons and should be avoided at all costs. My hair on my head is thinning, as well around the edges while it keeps growing on my *****Getting laser hair removal right now which seems to be working). I take metphormin and pay close attention to what I eat now. You have so little to lose...I think you would be perfect for the band...and you will see the symptoms of PCOS change somewhat as the weight comes off. I have irregular menstruals (which makes me infertile) and they've already regulated. I will say that the band is hard work....you have to confront your addiction to sweets and it's hard (I've cried some days) and just like any addiction, there is a withdrawal period. But it does get a little easier everyday. You can do it. Email me personally if you want to talk or get my phone number. Hope this helps. Danielle
Kristy T.
on 11/1/06 4:35 pm - Stockton, CA
Hi Toya. Although I didn't have the lapband, I had the RNY done, you need to get control of your "addiction" to sweets if you opt for the lapband surgery as you will still be able to eat them with no problems afterwards unlike the RNY. Since your BMI is over 40 you would qualify for the RNY procedure if you need help with controling how much sugar you take in. Trust me in that too much sugar will make you physically ill with the RNY. I'm not sure if you're interested in something like the RNY, but if you are let me know and I'd be happy to talk to you about it. Unfortunately about the hair...there isn't much you can do now except for laser hair removal. Sorry... Good luck! Kristy DD - Alice Kay 7/31/06 (after 10 years of trying!)
ldrescher
on 11/3/06 12:20 am - Cheektowaga, NY
Hello everybody - I am scheduled for Lap Band surgery Nov. 21. I called my surgeon yesterday to ask if I should switch to RNY from the Lap. She informed me that they are finding with the Lap Band surgery some women are being cured. I'm hoping she is right because it gave me alot of hope. I have over 125 lbs to lose and am very excited to get help!!!! Good Luck to you all, Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1076 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 3032 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3630 views