Laser Hair Removal does work!!!!!!!!

Danielle J.
on 11/28/06 10:26 am - Brooklyn, NY

I swear to you guys that I had a full beard and it even when I shaved, waxed or used a depilatory my chin area was so dark, I really was embarrased to socialize but I've had one treatment and I have to be honest, it was painful...it felt like someone was taking rubberband and popping it on my chin back and forth but it was so worth it.....I shaved or used a depilatory twice a day...now I'm down to once a week with only one treatment...and what's crazy is, the hair is so different.  It's so fine, not stubble.  You have to wait 6 weeks in between treatments and so I don't go bac****i the first week in December and I pay $100 every time I go...(I couldn't afford to pay for a package upfront so the doctor let me pay every time I come in).... I just wanted to share with all my Cysters....it really works.

"The ONLY PERSON that can stop me is me AND I CAN TAKE HER!"

valerie1974
on 11/28/06 11:01 am - morrison, MO
Hi danielle, I am new to the PCOS forum but certainly not new to OH.  I have PCOS as well and have the same problem as you with the very full facial hair on my chin and throat.  I have always wondered about the laser process.  I am just wanting to know if you have any redness or swelling in the place you had lasered?  did you have all the hair on your face lasered or just the problem area.  Thanks in advance, Valerie
Danielle J.
on 11/29/06 4:21 am - Brooklyn, NY
I did have some redness and swelling...lasted about 1 hour...I would suggest that you go after work or on the weekend...that way you don't have to go back to work or socialize right after.  And I'm working on the problem area first....The chin and underneath the chin.  I'll work on the rest at a later date. ~D

cathrynsrealm
on 12/19/06 6:23 am - Corbin, KY
Thanks for posting this. I'd been considering laser hair removal, but didn't want to waste hard-earned money. However, you've made me think. I might check into it. Thanks!! -Cathryn
Soule
on 12/19/06 9:04 am - Charlotte, NC
Danielle... I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!! I know the feeling!!! Arent you glad you did it??? I swear laser is one of the best things to get along with the surgery!!!! Congrats to you girl!!!!
melsreturn
on 12/25/06 11:36 am - Madison, TN
I had laser hair removal done this past few months.  It has cut down the hair growth by at least 75%!?!  Praise the Lord, hallelujah! I used to be so ashamed because I spent hours, and I mean hours, each night in front of the mirror plucking.  I use a 10x lighted mirror and plucked away all those hairs.  I hated to shave.  I used Vaniqa for a long time, and it helped.  Spironolactone worked very well.  I used to have hair on my back, my chest, everywhere you can imagine.  Spironolactone cut down the hair growth all over by about 90%.  But, after surgery I was not able to take the Spironolactone anymore.  I am still doing well on the hair growth everywhere but as far as the beard, well I needed some help.   I don't have to wait every 6 weeks to get another treatment though.  I don't know why you would need to wait that long.  Sometimes I go back the next week if there are stubborn areas, and most of the time they want you to come back in 2 weeks.  But, it has helped a LOT.  It sure does work.
wjackson
on 1/31/07 12:45 am

Hello Danielle,  If possible, can you advise me as to where you go to have the hair removal performed. I noticed that you advised you pay $100 for each visit. That's sounds inexpensive compared to the starting prices that I have heard about. I live in the Tri-State area. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appericated.  Deeha

Danielle J.
on 2/3/07 11:15 pm - Brooklyn, NY
Hi Deeha, I don't know if you can make it to Brooklyn, NY.  But this is where I go and I love him.   Hope this helps.

Brooklyn Laser Hair Removal

Rakesh K Dua, M.D.

2035 RALPH AVENUE - SUITE B-8

BROOKLYN, NY 11234

Located between East 72nd Street & Avenue K

TELEPHONE  718. 968. 2534

happywife
on 2/3/07 11:58 am
laser does work but i couldn't afford to keep it up. i was paying $400 each time i went for sideburns, chin, and neck. is this a normal range to pay?
Danielle J.
on 2/3/07 11:18 pm - Brooklyn, NY
I think that is very expensive.  I would suggest that you call around.  Alot of times, they will work with you especially if you say you have PCOS.   I get my *****full ***** and mustache done for $100 for 6 visits.  It takes him about 5 mins. Also, if you're african american, make sure they have a YAG laser.   Hope this helps.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1076 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 3032 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3630 views