Pain in lower left quadrant- is it my ovary??

prinzess77
on 1/24/07 1:54 am - Lansdale, PA
Hi all- I am also new to this forum.  I am 29 years old and 3 weeks post op today.  before surgery, i was diagnosed with pcos, most likely related to my type two diabetes.  although I have sailed through post-op (and no longer taking metformin/glucophage), i have started to have a pain in my left lower quadrant, near where the ovaries are.  I have also started to spot a little.  I called my surgeon's office, and they seem to think it is PCOS related.  did anyone else  have this kind of pain relating to pcos?  I would love any advice I can get! 
LiSa K.
on 1/31/07 2:43 am - TX
I haven't had my surgery yet,but I have PCOS and I too started having some pain and spoted alittle,I didn't think much of it untill one day I woke up and I had a pain like no other,I went to the ER then passed out,Come to find out one of the cyst went threw my ovarie and I was bleeding to death.SO if I was you,I'd keep an eye on it.EVERYONE is diffrent,I'm just saying what happend to me.Hope you feel better.Good Luck
Shawneena
on 2/2/07 2:04 am - MI
It does sound to me like cysts bursting.  I had this happen NUMEROUS times to me.  One Thanksgiving I was in so much pain, I had to ice my lower regions and put a heating pad on my back.  Since surgery, I've not had too much problem with that, but I can definitely tell when I'm ovulating.  Also, it is common after having major abdominal surgery, to have a menstrual cycle, whether you're due or not.  What kind of surgery did you have??  I know for myself, I had lap RNY done and my left side gets pains in it, but that's because that is where the stapler went in.  You might want to consult your dr. or surgeon to be on the safe side.

Lilypie - (imW2)Image Preview For Mom, and Kelly

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference. "

Sherry671
on 2/24/07 12:07 pm - Denver, CO

Hi. I have ot had my surgery yet, but I had ovulation pain when I was on metformin and trying tog et pregnant. It wasn't overly painful but definately like an achy persistant pain that occured the day or so that I ovulated. If you are not used to having your periods, then this might be what is happening. You might want to check in with your obgyn or repro endo. to see if this is what it is for sure. After surgeyr it is common to have a hard period and more pain than usual with menstruation due to hormonal changes form the changes in diet/health. Good luck!

Sherry

Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1075 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 3031 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3629 views