CAN'T LOSE WEIGHT

mlopez1030
on 3/7/07 7:50 am - pomona, CA
I HAD WLS ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO. I LOST  91LBS AND I AM HAVING TROUBLE LOSING MORE WEIGHT. I ALSO HAVE PCOS. I AM TAKING CHRONMIUM PICOLINATE ALONG WITH MY MUTIVITAMINS AND B 12,  IS THERE ANYONE WHO MIGHT SUGEST SOMETHING FOR ME?
Kristy T.
on 3/8/07 4:27 am - Stockton, CA
How many carbs are you taking in daily?  I know it may not seem like a lot...but if you track what you eat in a program like fitday.com or something you may find that you're taking in more carbs than you might thing.  Also, in addition to the chromium picolinate try adding cinnamon...it's also supposed to help with sugar metabolism.  If all else fails you can see your doc to see about going on Metformin (I know 2 ladies who did & were able to loose more weight).  Good luck! Kristy
                     102_1463.jpg image by goddess819                                               102_1481.jpg image by goddess819    
Lilypie - (8NSG)            Lilypie - (HyKO) 
mlopez1030
on 3/8/07 10:28 am - pomona, CA
KRISTY THANKS FOR YOU RESPONSE. I KNOW I AM TAKING MORE CARBS THAN I SHOULD. I WILL TRY THE WEB SITE. I WAS ON METFORMIN BEFORE MY WLS, BUT I MADE ME NAUSAED. I AM GONG TO SEE MY PCOS DOCTOR NEXT MONTH I WILL ASK HER ABOUT GOING BACK ON IT. THANKS AGAIN. M LOPEZ
dotdotn
on 4/1/07 10:06 am - Franklin, NH
I can't tell you how happy I was to find your e-mail. I had my WLS two years ago, down 140 and stopped there. I am also PCOS - the nutrionist thought that might be playing a part but wasn't really sure.  I have dropped my carbs way down...trying to lean towards protein, protein, protein but scale still not moving for me! How did you make out? Do you think that the Chonmium Picolinat is/did helped- I did try that before surgery but not since.  I use the Opti-Source vitamins that Walgreens sell- specifically for WLS patients it eliminates the additional B12 etc. don't know if that is something that you are interested in...
mlopez1030
on 4/1/07 10:37 am - pomona, CA
HI THERE I WENT LAST WEEK TO SEE MY PCOS DOCTOR AND SHE PUT ME BACK ON METFORMIN (2,000 MGS PER DAY). I HAVE LOST ABOUT 2 LBS SINCE I STARTED TAKING IT. MY PCOS  DR. IS REFERRING ME TO A NUTRIONIST. MAYBE SHE CAN HELP ME WITH THE CARBS.  I TOLD MY PCOS DR THAT I WAS TAKING CHONMIUM PICOLINAT AND SHE SAID IT WOULDN'T HELP. SO I STOPPED TAKING IT. I LISTEN TOA NUTRIONIST ON THE RADIO. HIS NAME IS ROD BERNSEN AND TALKS LOT ABOUT SUGAR LEVELS. HIS PRODUCTS ARE SOLD ON ROEX.COM. I WANT TO ASK THE NUTRIONIST ABOUT SOME OF HIS PRODUCTS. I WANT TO ALSO TRY CINNAMON PILLS. TAKE CARE M LOPEZ
cy76065
on 4/11/07 9:06 am - midlothian, TX

Something on the metformin, I had serious stomach issues when I took it, so I asked about the Extended Release form, all my nausea and rushes to the bathroom virtually stopped... .good luck!!!

"At the worst, a house unkept cannot be so distressing a a life unlived."-R.Macaulay
(deactivated member)
on 8/28/07 12:06 pm - IN
heads up on the CP... I use to take it to loose weight, told my PCP and he told me to get off of it ASAP.  There was something about kidney or liver damage.  I was taking around 200 mg a day and then eating very little..i lost over 50 lbs..but gained it back of course.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1069 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 3021 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3624 views