I need help getting surgery

brees_mommy
on 8/25/08 2:12 am - north port, FL
I was diagnosed with pcos when i was 16. i am now 22 and have had my period 3 times in 3 years. I weigh 206 pounds. How do I go about getting surgery? i dont have insurance.. how do i get the rny sugery? how much does it cost? i really need help. please
Kristy T.
on 8/27/08 3:49 am - Stockton, CA
How tall are you?  Have you done the BMI check?  I know that with most surgeons your BMI must be over 40 to qualify for surgery.  Many surgeons & some insurance companies will lower the BMI requirement to 35 if you have many serious comorbid conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, arthritis (stuff like that).  Do you have any of those conditions?

As for the cost you can call the local surgeons in your area to ask what the cash price is for RNY surgery.  I remember that my insurance was billed nearly $70K for my surgery & hospital stay.  I think the average cash pay for RNY might be around $25K.

102_1463.jpg image by goddess819                                               102_1481.jpg image by goddess819    
Lilypie - (8NSG)            Lilypie - (HyKO) 
amy C.
on 9/15/08 6:54 pm
I f you dont have insurance you can and should apply for medicaid, if you are overweight you need medical care and chances are if you dont have insurance your not seeing a doctor regularly to be evauluated for such life threatning diesases such as diabete and hypertension..  Even if your working you may qualify. Now once thats done I know in some states medicaid does cover weight loss surgery.  If thats not an option you are comfortable with maybe you could contact and surgeon and se what types of loans they have or apply for a loan .

If your not comfortable with the medicaid thing please at least check around for local clinincs to get a physical if you havent had one recently to be sure things are ok.

AMy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1057 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 3009 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3617 views