New to Forum but not to PCOS

Toy T.
on 10/29/11 3:02 am
DS on 02/22/12
 Hey All,

Glad to see this forum. I am in the midst of trying to get a revision. I had bypass in 2004 and have gained almost all of my weight back. I only lost 100 pounds on bypass because my doc said I was big boned (didn't even know this was a true condition) so I decided to see if I can get a revision to DS. My PCOS was dormant from 2004-2010 and then the weight starting coming back on no matter what food I ate and how hard I exercised. I had 2 IUIs in the past year and they both failed and bc I get my period regularly and also ovulate on my own the only thing my RE could suggest was losing weight and they have new rules so they won't even do IUIs much less IVF if you are not at the weight they want to see you at. So here I am once again exploring WLS. 

I was dx w/ PCOS in 2000 after my mother called me while I was in college and told me that she thinks I have this disease called PCOS after watching Montell Williams. I was like come on Mom seriously but when I came home for break I went to endo who confirmed PCOS dx but didn't know really anything about it. I mostly ignored by POCS over the years until my weight got out of control and being see the RE who specializes in PCOS. I wasn't interested in getting pregnant at that time but was sick of shaving every other day. 

I am hoping I will be able to have this revision surgery bc I am sick of feeling so tired and old due to all of these health problems and most importantly I want to be pregnant. 

Well just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. 
NIQAABI
on 10/31/11 10:16 am
WELCOME TO THE FORUM . I DIAGNOSED MYSELF BACK IN 2002 AFTER YEARS OF BEING IRREGULAR AND BEGINNING TO GROW CHIN STUBBLE. I LIVED IN THE MIDDLE EAST SO I HAD TO WAIT UNTIL I CAME BACK TO THE STATE TO GET A PROPER DIAGNOSI. MY PCP TOLD ME THAT HAD I BEEN TREATED THINGS COULD HAVE BEEN REGULATED SOONER. I ALSO HAVE TYPE 2 DIABETES SO HAVING THIS SURGERY WILL HOPEFULLY HELP THE BOTH OF MY CONDITIONS.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1044 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2990 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3600 views