Teenager with PCOS

briceand4
on 5/27/17 12:09 pm

Hello, my 16 year old daughter has been diagnosed with PCOS. This was not a surprise but I am wondering if wls is possible for her. She has gained 100lbs in the last 4 years, she has lost 2/3 of her hair and has to shave her face. Her testosterone levels are double what they should be. She now weighs over260 and is 5'8. I also have PCOS and have struggled with my weight all my life but am 210 at 5'7. I have type 2 diabetes and I know she will as well if we cannot get her weight down. Does anyone do this surgery for teenagers? Is it wise to have this surgery at this age? Thanks

DietVapeJuice
on 7/8/18 2:20 pm

Ive had pcos since age 14 and gained over 200 pounds since. I didnt lose hair but I have to shave my face and it is so tough especially for a teenager. I wish I would have gotten weight loss surgery at 16 i'm 24 and looking now to try to use surgery as a tool to lose weight. My mother had weight loss and pcos and she got laser hair removal and kept her weight around 150 and now she doesnt have any pcos related issues. She also had no trouble getting pregnant after losing weight. I have type 2 and she will most likely get it if she doesnt do something about the weight. Its hard I hope everything works out and i'd suggest meeting with a surgeon. She is young and deserves to live a thinner healthier life as soon as possible.

DietVapeJuice
on 7/8/18 2:24 pm

Ive had pcos since age 14 and gained over 200 pounds since. I didnt lose hair but I have to shave my face and it is so tough especially for a teenager. I wish I would have gotten weight loss surgery at 16 i'm 24 and looking now to try to use surgery as a tool to lose weight. My mother had weight loss and pcos and she got laser hair removal and kept her weight around 150 and now she doesnt have any pcos related issues. She also had no trouble getting pregnant after losing weight. I have type 2 and she will most likely get it if she doesnt do something about the weight. Its hard I hope everything works out and i'd suggest meeting with a surgeon. She is young and deserves to live a thinner healthier life as soon as possible.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1044 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2990 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3601 views