HEY...HAVE YOU HEARD???

janeel1
on 2/20/06 10:59 am - Philadelphia, PA
HEY...HAVE YOU HEARD??? I LOST OVER 16.5 LBS. :dance I would like to say Hello to everyone. I've been missing from the board for a while. I would just like to say "Thank you to my OH Family. I don't know what I would do without this board." I am almost 3 weeks post-op, and I must admit, I am doing and feeling soooooo much better. In the beginning I was getting a little depressed, but I must say that now, I feel great. I have my energy and everything back. Nothing with my cycles yet, but I guess that has yet to come. Now I'm not sure if I'm getting everything in on a daily basis, but I had a CBC (complete blood count), and everything is normal and where it should be. I try not to be so hard on myself and just get in what I can, but either way, I feel great, and am never hungry. I went for my 2 week follow up appointment last Tuesday and I am happy to say that I lost 16.5 lbs in those 13 days. I guess that's good, well at least for me. The only issue I'm having with this surgery is the draining. I was not sent home with a drain or had one in the hospital. Now as of about 6-7 days post op, I have been walking around with a pad on my stomach because I drain so much. I have an opening at the bottom of my incision (which my doctor says is fine because it's only the top part (the flesh) of my stomach, not the whole thing) and I am draining. Now I have a question. I noticed that if I don't have a BM, the scale is up a few pounds (of course). What kind of mild laxative is out there that I can take? When my stomach needs to be emptied, I can tell, because my body lets me know. Any ideas? Thanks OH for allowing me to be able to talk freely about my procedure.
Kristy T.
on 2/23/06 5:51 am - Stockton, CA
Congrats on your first 3 weeks!! At this point I wouldn't think you would need a laxitive. BM's will happen when they need to. Don't stress on the scale. If you are really having some constipation issues your surgeon would be able to suggest something. Kristy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1049 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2998 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3609 views