Approved-Yahoo!

Heather S.
on 4/10/11 9:33 am
Super excited have been approved for my BOB (and really fast even though it felt like a zillion years).  I'll be a Bobette on April 26th. Thank you everyone for your support and feedback.  I feel like I've been given a second chance.  Yahoo!!!

Heather

P.S-Any recommendations welcomed as to what I will need when I get home?
Thank You,

Heather

Tom C.
on 4/10/11 9:53 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
 congrats !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kim H.
on 4/10/11 1:11 pm - Duluth, MN
Don't mean to be ignorant, but what is a BOB?

~Kim~

Tom C.
on 4/10/11 7:35 pm, edited 4/11/11 3:07 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
In the Bariatric world BOB means Band Over Bypass. This is when a person gets a Band in conjunction with their Bypass.

Outside the Bariatric world ... well if I say it, I may be thrown off this section
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kim H.
on 4/11/11 9:37 am - Duluth, MN
thanks Tom

~Kim~

Amy B.
on 4/12/11 11:32 am
 Thanks, Kim! You always as the questions I'm unsure about before I get to them .
Heather S.
on 4/12/11 11:08 pm
Hi Kim,

How are you doing, BOB is Band Over Bypass, I will be a Bobette soon.  I had my original RNY surgery in 2003 and slowly began to regain weight, having the Band done on 4/26.

Hope all is well with you.

Heather
Thank You,

Heather

Kim H.
on 4/12/11 11:33 pm - Duluth, MN
Good luck to you, Heather! Hope all goes well. I think you will be very happy with the REALIZE band. I know I am having a little "bump in the road" right now, but, hopefully come Thursday, things will start to look up again. Keep us posted!

~Kim~

Amy B.
on 4/12/11 11:30 am
 Congratulations, Heather! You will not believe how quickly you see a change in your body, energy level, and motivation. I'm not sure if your hospital/surgeon send you home with a bariatric pillow, but if they don't you will definitely want to have a VERY firm pillow post surgery, including the ride home. When I say firm, I mean similar to the Boppy you put babies in to let them sit up. Also, make sure you have plenty of the food items your doctor has approved for the first week after surgery. I will tell you from experience that you may not be able to get in the liquids required for several days and may become constipated. Fiber One chewables are WONDERFUL (though they are almost as big as a peanut butter cracker from a vending machine. I also made sure to have Gas-X and stool softners handy. When you don't have them, you will need them. If you have them, you may not. In my case, I had them AND needed them. Of course, you want to make sure this is ok with your surgeon, but I was highly advised by mine. Hope this helps!
One day at a time.  
Heather S.
on 4/12/11 11:09 pm
Hi Amy,

Thanks for your response, your suggestions are wonderful especially the one about the pillow.  I remember having it during my RNY surgey and riding home the bumps in the road were the worst ever!!!  Great idea about getting the stool softners have to add that to my list.

Thanks so much hope all is well with you.

Heather
Thank You,

Heather

Most Active