Vitamins & Protein What to Take????

Heather S.
on 4/12/11 11:01 pm
All,

Will be a bobette on 4/26 and trying to prepare by getting some much needed protein and vitamins in house before surgery.

But having some confusion, of course each manufacturer of various proteins and vitamins claim that theirs are the best, and lets keep it real, the protein shakes don't taste quite as delish as a McDonalds one.

Any suggestions? 
Thank You,

Heather

Considering_It
on 4/13/11 3:06 am
Hi Heather -
I have been on different vitamins and amounts depending on my labs.  In regards to the protein shakes, I like blenderizing some frozen bananas w/ the shake because it makes it thicker (and more satisfying!).  I like Unjury and BSN Syntha 6 protein powders.
Hislady
on 4/13/11 10:13 am - Vancouver, WA
It's best to call your surgeon and see what he recommends, they quite often have certain vitamins they want you to use.
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/11 10:16 am - San Diego, CA
Hey there - I sent you a lengthy personal message about the protein question. ;)  Also, you will probably receive more responses if you post questions in the general Lap-Band forum as opposed to the specfic Realize Band forum.  For some reason, people that have both brands of bands just gravitate there as a whole. :)
Tom C.
on 4/13/11 1:12 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
No matter what brand you buy, try to remember:  

Keep the Calories low (try to stay around 150 or below would be better)  

Keep the Proteins between 20 and 30 (25 is ideal)  

Keep the Carbs below 10 (5 is ideal)  

Keep the Calories from fat below 20

Here is a good site which can get obtain different samples www.vitalady.com/
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active