Brand Spankin' New!

Miss Redd
on 10/21/06 2:56 am - Lancashire, United Kingdom
Hi all, I am new! I received my approval for surgery this past Wednesday. I was one of the tragic folks to be told they needed to do the 12 month diet. I almost gave up-but what the heck, I stuck it out!  Much to my STUNNED Surprise-I was approved. Um-I can't sleep. I am totally grinding over this. I am sure this is pretty common. I am having visions of smaller pants and a healthier body dancing in my head all night!  Sigh! Well-I wanted to say hi and tell you I have my profile up if you want to take a gander, I have a bit more info there and will continue to fill in the blanks. I would LOVE to meet more of you and I could really use some buddies on this road.  I will have a date sometime later next week after another pre-surgery class. From there we will see where I need to schedule date-wise. Um..I hope I don't keep the neighborhood up with the clicking sounds going on in my brain! LOL!  I will now go back to reading your posts!! Peace, Therese Marie
Angela M.
on 10/21/06 3:06 am - Worcester, MA
Congrats!! :clap: Thats so exciting. It is a long process but when it finally seems like you've made it through doesn't it feel wonderful? I know exactly how you feel about thinking about it non-stop, its crazy the dreams Ive been having! Well I hope you get your date soon! Goodluck on the rest of your journey! :party:

OkieAngel
on 10/21/06 3:43 am - Harrah, OK
That's so awesome!  I'm so happy for you.  Man, it's really been a long road for you.  It's really wonderful that you stuck it out.  I think this will put you ahead of the game from those of us who didn't have to fight with our insurance companies.  You already know you can do it!  Congratulations, good luck and big hugs to you.  May this be the beginning of something wonderful!

Angel

IROCK916 :)
on 10/21/06 3:56 am - BFE, CA
RNY on 02/21/07 with
12 month diet???!?!?!?!!! Jeepers! That musta been the worst! Well, congrats on your approval!!! I look forward to hearing how it all goes for you!  I added you to my list of friends, so we can keep in touch!  Have a wonderful day.... PS, I can hear the brain clacks from here, but they are soothing to my ears!!! CLACK AWAY!
I ROCK BABY!

Chauntelle C.
on 10/21/06 4:09 am - Havelock, NC
RNY on 10/09/06 with
WOOHOO!  YOU GO GIRL!  Welcome ONBOARD!  Congrats on sticking it out through that 12 months, what GREAT determination you have!  I love this place.  If you have concerns or questions, this is the first (sometimes second) place I go cuz no matter what there is always SOMEBODY who has been there/done that!  I look forward to following your journey!  Welcome "home" 
Chauntelle Chandler  California City, Ca

239/127/125 - 2 pounds from goal!!
brandy3333
on 10/21/06 10:15 am - Camden, OH
Congrats!!!    ANY THING WORTH WAITING FOR IS WORTH HAVING!!!

Miss Redd
on 10/21/06 11:40 am - Lancashire, United Kingdom
You guys are wonderful!!! Thanks so much for all of the postive feedback and well-wishes! I feel like I now have a place I can come and feel like I will be understood! YAY! Yes-I am stick clacking away. LOL! I have been on vacation all week. I dare say I am glad to go back to work on Monday and be SLAMMED with all that comes when you have the nerve to be away! :) I will be back again and again. Again-really, thanks so much for the kindness and time you took to reply :) Hugs Therese
Kym B.
on 10/21/06 1:12 pm - Lawrenceburg, TN
Hey, congrats to you!  How wonderful that you had the perseverence to stick it out!  If you are like me you will get addicted to this site.  Check out my last few blogs on my profile and you will see that I am going through the same thing as I just got approved on the 5th of this month.  I am adding you to my friends list so be sure to approve me and we can be online buddies.   ---Kym

Pre-surgery weight: 316  Current weight: 122

---Kym

C. Reed
on 10/22/06 4:43 am - Gouverneur, NY
Hi there, First of all I want to congratulate you on your approval for surgery!   I also wanted to welcome you to OH. What you are feeling is totally normal. I have those visions too sometimes about what I would look like after losing weight. I would be a totally NEW person and I can't wait to get the surgery. As far as a 12 month diet, I have not heard of that, but have heard of other people who have had the 6 month diet. I have to have that(well it is a 6 month program) before getting the surgery. Most patients of my surgeon are usually in the program for around 7 months. I expect that will be the same way with me.  I just wanted to welcome you and wish you GOOD LUCK with your upcoming surgery. Clayton

Starting weight-309
Surgery Day Weight-303.9
Personal Goal Weight: 150

Mendy64124
on 10/22/06 5:26 am - OVERLAND PARK, KS
Congrats.... That is terrific. Now that long 12 months will pay off for you now, I hope you get a quick  and close date..... Best of luck.....I hope we can chat...I had a 6 months on my prior insurance and I had the hardest time getting a doctor to work with me so I did give up for awhile. But now I have a date...Nov 21st......
MENDY
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 6 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 255 views