appproved surgury 10/30

donna_57
on 10/25/06 9:37 am - charleston, WV
hello,  all im what youll call a lurker been doing this for 3 years well its finally my turn had all pre op today and Monday big day .... im so scared im really freaking ....... found out ill go home with the drain tube and im not happy about that but ill survive it please keep me in your thoughts and prayers and thank all of you for all the information you really help us that are in need...... hugs   
Karen B.
on 10/25/06 9:51 am - Port Angeles, WA

Donna

Way to go!! Life as you know it will be forever changed. You seem to have done your research. I pray for a speedy recovery and no complications for you. Take care.....Karen B.

Snukieboo
on 10/25/06 10:18 am - Warren, OH
Hi :-) I am having my surgery on the 30th also..so we are both going to be blessed that day! Im excited! I have my pre-op stuff done this friday. I have also been on a 2 week protein liquid diet ...which sucks. Yes I cheated a few times..I cannot lie..but im back on track. I have lost almost 20 pounds since starting this journey. I was supposed to have surgery on the 24th, but they changed it...but I know that theres a reason for everything adn I accepted it. Im just glad my day is coming soon! Its dragging, but it will be here b4 I know it! Hope all goes well for you, and hope to hear from you after surgery! Shannon

http://www.pregnancy-duedate.com/"> src="http://www.pregnancy-duedate.com/tickers/m31rsd2uobgqllbj.png" alt="Pregnancy-DueDate.com - DueDate Calculators & Tickers" border="0"/>

Tamara C.
on 10/25/06 11:06 am - Highland, CA
Donna,           How Exciting!!!!  You are getting ready to begin a very positive journey in your life!!  It is normal to be scared, after all this is very life changing.  I was crying and freaking days before my surgery and even almost ran from the hospital.  Just think happy thoughts and I'm very sure you will do just fine!   You are in my thoughts and I will say a very special prayer for you!!  Good Luck and keep posting! Tami

Miss Redd
on 10/25/06 3:36 pm - Lancashire, United Kingdom
I will be thinking of you and I believe you will be just fine! I am pre-op and I fully expect to feel just like you do today!  Steam forward girl-you are doing a very brave thing. Charge into that hospital and get ready to take your life back! YAY YOU! Peace, Therese Marie
Deidre V.
on 10/25/06 9:24 pm - Havelock, NC
Good luck to you!!!!!! Dede

308 start weight on 7/18/06
258 50 pounds GONE on 9/26/06
208 next goal 100 gone (done on 3/1)
190 dr goal
150 goal weight
135 current

jenrai
on 10/25/06 9:39 pm - Norwalk, CT
 I'm excited for you...I know your freaking scared...I was to...it's normal...you're having major surgery...I pray that you have a successful surgery... complication free...and that your recovery be speedy yet relaxed...May the Lord bless your process of your WL journey to greater health... Blessings...jenna
"When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid."  - Audre Lorde                                       RNY - 8/1/06

donna_57
on 10/26/06 8:53 am - charleston, WV
thanks to everyone who posted its so much appreciated god bless and hugs to all......
Dee1161
on 10/26/06 9:59 am - Corona, CA
VSG on 06/24/16
donna_57 wrote on 2006-10-25 16:37:31 :
hello,  all im what youll call a lurker been doing this for 3 years well its finally my turn had all pre op today and Monday big day .... im so scared im really freaking ....... found out ill go home with the drain tube and im not happy about that but ill survive it please keep me in your thoughts and prayers and thank all of you for all the information you really help us that are in need...... hugs   
Hi Donna How exciting! I think it is normal to be scared , I know everything will be wonderful! I have a question - why the drain tube? I wonder if this is with all surgeries?
donna_57
on 10/26/06 10:02 am - charleston, WV
yes  I was told all his patients go home with it for extra measures tor make sure no infection sets in itll drain out and of if there leak it will be detected quicker. He doesnt do all the xrays and stuff unless he feels its necessary.   Everyone says its nothing but still scary thought Ill have it till staples come out...
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 4 replies · 31 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 258 views