I can't drink this colyte!

csweeney
on 10/31/06 3:10 am - Johnstown, PA
I'm gagging on every swallow. Any suggestions on how to make this easier?   Isn't there another way?
Jennifer K.
on 10/31/06 3:44 am - Phoenix , AZ

chug - a - lug.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/06 5:23 am - Eagle River, AK
Assuming that colyte is what they gave you for your bowl prep (they gave me magnesium sulfate) than hold your nose and do what Jennifer said; CANNON BALL! It's yucky stuff for sure, but once it's done it's done. Look at it this way, it's probably the last time you're ever going to be able to chug anything, so you might as well enjoy it.
aulabell
on 10/31/06 6:21 am - Lacombe, Canada
Try chasing it with something. I was allowed anything clear. Seriously plug your nose untill you have drank something else that has a strong taste, mabey it will help. Yuck ! Paula
Vicki V.
on 10/31/06 7:09 am - Corpus Christi, TX
I have trouble swallowing any of the stuff that they make you drink before any surgery.  Years ago a nurse taught me to put it over ice.  Your body is less likely to reject it if it's cold.  I has always worked for me.  Good luck.
Vicki

I will never quit. I persevere and thrive on adversity... If knocked down, I will get back up, every time.  – U.S. Navy SEALs

Visit my blog Grams Made It

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/06 9:52 am
Bless your heart. I know that stuff is nasty. I know somebody that mixed some lemon juice in it and she said it helped. If I were you, I'd just hold my nose and down it. It'll be over soon.
Miss Redd
on 10/31/06 12:57 pm - Lancashire, United Kingdom
Oh! I hope you come back and let us know how you did! I was keeping my fingers crossed for you!  I like the idea of chasing the drink with a more pleasant tasting drink. I am going to steal that idea when my glamorous day comes! Hang in there and good luck! peace, Therese
MelissaF
on 10/31/06 9:58 pm - Northwood, IA
I am a nurse and I agree with the above poster.  Put it on ice and then also use a straw.  It bypasses some of the taste buds (not all) on the tongue,  makes it easier to go down.  You can also mix some crystal light in it if it didn't come with any flavoring.  Don't use red though.. use like yellow lemonade or something. Red mimics blood in the bowel.  Good luck! 
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Ready4 AChange
on 10/31/06 11:09 pm - Upper Chichester, PA
I feel for you !  I held my nose and chugged !  I just kept thinking " if it comes back up I'm gonna have to get some more !  "  Just think after this is all said and done.....It will all come out in the end !   Just a memory down the road ! Sandy

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

Stephany N.
on 11/1/06 1:56 am - Spencer, MA
Is this something that everyone has to have before surgery??? I'm DOOMED! I gag if the milk is in the fridge for more than 2 days....ooohh NO!!  Vomit 

300/275/135/150 - 15lbs BELOW Docs Goal

Starting/Surgery/Current/Goal

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 172 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 251 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 262 views