My surgeryis tomorrow

csweeney
on 11/1/06 4:30 am - Johnstown, PA
Yesterday's bowel prep did not go well at all.  Every time I took a drink, I would gag.  You're supposed to drink the whole gallon in two hours, but after 8 hours of trying, I only managed to get down half of it.  I'm not sure whethter to try today with the other half or not.  I am on clear liquids (which isn't bad at all except that I have a headache), so I'm thinking that will clear me out, right? Other than that, I've been following the rules.  I'm wondering if I could take some tylenol for this headache.  I know I can't have aspirin or ibuprophen. Wish me luck!
Miss Redd
on 11/1/06 4:37 am - Lancashire, United Kingdom
Hang in there! Just call your surgeons office to let them know where you are at in this process. You always want to be in touch with them at this point. They may have info for you. Ask them about your headache too!! All will be well!!! Peace, Therese
csweeney
on 11/1/06 4:40 am - Johnstown, PA
This might sound a little silly, but I'm afraid if I tell them I didn't complete the whole bowel prep that they will delay or cancel the surgery.  I did talk to a co worker who had RNY about a year ago.  She said she didn't complete it either and her surgery was fine.
Karen B.
on 11/1/06 4:46 am - Port Angeles, WA
csweeney, I would call your surgeons office and tell them. Its better to be safe than sorry.  If they do cancel it, then there must be a good reason.  I don't think they will cancel but make the call anyway.  Take care...
Miss Redd
on 11/1/06 4:49 am - Lancashire, United Kingdom
I agree-I seriously don't think they will cancel-but be VERY safe and find out the deal. Take GOOD care of yourself.Either way-your surgery is going to happen! :)
M. Jay
on 11/1/06 4:51 am - Queens, NY
RNY on 11/02/06 with
My surgery is tomorrow too! GOOD LUCK!!
Miss Redd
on 11/1/06 4:55 am - Lancashire, United Kingdom
YAY M. Jay! Congrats to you TOOOOO!
Dee1161
on 11/1/06 7:39 am - Corona, CA
VSG on 06/24/16
Good luck! Will be sending good thoughts your way.....
florina
on 11/1/06 12:45 pm - phoenix, AZ
My Syrgery is tomorow tooooo... I was originally scheduled fo the 7th but it got moved up to the 2nd... So GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!!!
Miss Redd
on 11/1/06 1:40 pm - Lancashire, United Kingdom
Good luck to you too, Florina!!!!!! Congrats!
Most Active
Recent Topics