I'm a dork!!!

Luckygirl1
on 11/1/06 11:44 am - colorado springs, CO

I had to share this because it has made everyone I tell laugh hysterically!    The other day a coworker told me I was melting away, and I thought he meant my makeup...first thing I did was grab a mirror to make sure I didn't look like Alice Cooper.  He just shook his head and laughed, then when I finally figured out what he meant I laughed too, I'm a big dork!  I'm a little over a month post op and have lost 46 pounds. I just had to share!

Blessed are the cracked; for it is they who let in the light.
Miss Redd
on 11/1/06 12:04 pm - Lancashire, United Kingdom
LOL! I can SO imagine me doing that! I can't wait until I get the chance!  Cracked me up! peace, Therese
Lilli
on 11/1/06 6:50 pm - Parkland, FL
LOL! That's pretty funny!

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

215 / 125 / 120
SW/ CW / Goal

Stephany N.
on 11/1/06 8:07 pm - Spencer, MA
That would be something I would do!! LOL CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Keep melting!!!! Stephany

300/275/135/150 - 15lbs BELOW Docs Goal

Starting/Surgery/Current/Goal

jenrai
on 11/1/06 8:48 pm - Norwalk, CT
 WOW...46 pounds in a month...I bet you never expected that kind of success...but you did it...it shows...you will be getting lots of compliments...I do and it feels great...your story  is a blast...one you'll always remember and treasure... Continued success on your WL journey to greater health... Blessings...jenna
"When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid."  - Audre Lorde                                       RNY - 8/1/06

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/06 2:57 am - Eagle River, AK

Well, being a "dork" has to be better than being called a "Geek", which is what I've had to learn to live with since deciding to be an IT professional more than 20 years ago. A "Geek" was an old sideshow act that used to bite the heads off live chickens, so i really don't get the reference to computer types, but it is a cross I have to bear. I'm not saying it isn't deserved; a few months ago I started laughing hysterically while sitting in traffic at a bumper sticker that read "Users are Losers". My wife said "Sweetie, I think they mean drugs..."

Karen B.
on 11/2/06 3:17 am - Port Angeles, WA
Glad to know I'm not the only dork.  LOL

Take care......Karen B.

Dream lofty dreams & as you dream, so shall you become.
When life is looking down, look up.

Christin S.
on 11/2/06 3:40 am - Colorado Springs, CO
congrats, that's awesome weightloss!
Christin         -          Lap-RNY - 8/15/2006 - Gallbladder removed 11/22/06

Not the Same Dawn
on 11/2/06 4:27 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
Someone asked me where the other half of me was the other day. I said "Whereever it is, I hope it never comes back!"  Melting away...I like that!
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 153 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views