Nesting?? Is this normal?

Stephany N.
on 11/4/06 9:05 am - Spencer, MA
Hello My OH Friends!   Howdy  Ok...so I'm a little over a month away from surgery and I'm finding myself "nesting" like I'm pregnant. Now let me make this perfectly clear...I'm NOT pregnant!  No Way  I have a 2 year old and a 10 month old...if I am pregnant, they'll be checking me into a funny farm and not the operating room...LOL Too Funny  I had a yard sale today (in 30 degree weather) and I got rid of a TON of stuff...it was very profitable, but I wonder if this is my way of getting ready for a "new me". I "nested" with both of my babies and this is very close. I've made a list of all the things I need to get before surgery and I'm checking them off as I buy it.  Is this normal or am I just a weirdo??? Weird  Hugs to all my losers and soon to be losers!! -Stephany

300/275/135/150 - 15lbs BELOW Docs Goal

Starting/Surgery/Current/Goal

Miss Redd
on 11/4/06 9:26 am - Lancashire, United Kingdom
Oh boy! I sure hope it's normal, because I have been doing the same thing. My house just can't get CLEAN and organized enough! LOL! Much luck to you! My surgery is on the 28th of November.  Peace, Therese
Tiffany H.
on 11/4/06 9:32 am - Amarillo, TX

This is so weird that you asked this, just today I started nesting. My surgery in Friday the 10th and I was in the store getting popsicles, jello, water ect and I suddenly realized that I only have 5 days left of eating, I go on clear liquids the day before. I have been very calm until now but I finally hit. I came home, cleaned out my kitchen cabinets and put all my protein stuff together. It is like I can't get it all straight or something. I think it is very normal, whether it is fear or just like you said, getting ready for the new you!!! Good luck.  Tiffany

essence1226
on 11/4/06 10:07 am - Pinellas Park, FL
yes this is very normal. ha ha ha...i had my surgery on 10/13, and the weekend before i was a busy bee doing spring cleaning and flipping mattresses and such. i then did my grocery shopping and did all my laundry and then some. it definately helps having all this done before having surgery. good luck to all of you.

jamie

petersonhp97
on 11/4/06 10:15 am - Escanaba, MI
I am having my surgery the day after you, and all I think about is how much I have to do before I go. I haven't started yet, but that is all I think about since I found out on Wednesday that I was approved by the insurance company and then they scheduled my surgery the same day. I don't know about anyone else, but that was a lot to take in all in one day. I'm not sure if I am nervous, excited, or a little of both. Heather
MISFIT
on 11/4/06 3:45 pm

Wow I thought I was the only who did that. Haha. I too was nesting a week before I got my surgery. I washed all the laundry, rearranged furniture, scrub the carpets etc..  I knew that I wouldn't be able to do any of this for awhile after my surgery so I wanted to get it out of the way. Also coming home to a nice clean house after your surgery is a plus.  At times I still find myself  "nesting" I think it is because I have so much energy now .

hunnebea
on 11/4/06 4:17 pm - Atlantic Beach, FL
Hi, Well it appears that we might be "normal". I have been doing the same. I had already "prepared" once before, but my date got changed. Then my husband decided that we needed to move into a different place 3 weeks before my surgery.......it is now 9 days until my surgery (November14th) and I am worried that everything is still chaotic...... Patricia
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 195 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 254 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 264 views