Baskin Robbins No Sugar Added Lowfat Caramel Turtle Ice Cream

srenfeld
on 5/1/07 1:04 pm - Roseville, CA
Well...I think it is ok to eat!  It is really good.  It does have 7 grams of sugar (which is probably from the milk).  Have you ever had this and how did your body react?
Shelby  I AM FINALLY IN THE CENTURY CLUB! I MADE IT TO ONE-DER-LAND 5/7/08
(deactivated member)
on 5/1/07 10:12 pm
I've tried that low fat ice creams and I dump like a mack truck... there's just something in them that makes me sick but everyone is different.... good luck sweetie Stephie
Geminidream
on 5/2/07 3:33 am - Spokane, WA
"and I dump like a mack truck..."   Stephanie, that is a great way to describe dumping, may I borrow it?  LOL!  If i try to eat 1/2 cup of nsa ice creams I do too but I can get away (usually) with 1/4 cup.  The brand I use at home (have the whole family eating it now) is Breyers.  The Butter Pecan flavor has 120 cal for 1/2 cup, 16 g carbs total, 4 g. sugar and 5 g. sugar alcohols.  But like I said, I only eat half that amount to be safe and it satisfies. Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
Jennifer K.
on 5/1/07 10:57 pm - Phoenix , AZ
1 4oz scoop has 37 grams of carbs in it!!!! Yes the sugar is low... but the carbs rather high to me. Also its all "fake" ....looking at the ingrediants its nothing but a bunch of chemicals.  nonfat milk, nsa caramel variegate (maltitol syrup, water, nonfat dry milk, modified corn starch, maltitol powder, natural and artificial flavors, salt, potassium sorbate as a preservative, agar, sodium bicarbonate, mono and diglycerides, caramel color, sucralose, artificial colors including fd&c yellow #5 and #6), no added sugar frozen dessert base (maltodextrin, sorbitol, maltitol, mono & diglycerides, guar gum, locust bean gum, sucralose), nsa caramel turtles (maltitol, coconut oil, lactitol, maltitol syrup, water, cocoa processed with alkali* butter, sodium caseinate {a milk derivative}, soy lecithin {an emulsifier}, salt, natural and artificial flavors, vanilla extract, disodium phosphate), cream, whey protein, n&a vanilla flavor, annatto color, vitamin a palmitate.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

Kerri
on 5/2/07 12:56 am - CO
Yes those sugars are low and it's mostly likely a natural sugar from lactose but since the product has malitol in it, it most likely has a lot of sugar alcohols (they didn't list the sugar alcohols on their website) which would account for the reason it has so many carbs.  For some people, the sugar alcohols can have the same effect as regular sugar.  For me, it almost always makes me extremely bloated, my stomach will hurt for hours, and I usually end up with a lot of gas.  You may want to be careful with it. Kerri
Chauntelle C.
on 5/2/07 2:18 am - Havelock, NC
RNY on 10/09/06 with
If you are craving ice cream I suggest going with a frozen yogurt.  I buy mine from Schwans!  My fave thing from baskin robins is their coconut/pineappel frozen yogurt.... ITS SO YUMMY. and I dont react to it at all...  not sure how "healthy" it is but Im the girl who if I have a craving, my brain will not rest until I have filled that craving.  Luckily for me, two spoons of it will satisfy the craving...LOL  
Chauntelle Chandler  California City, Ca

239/127/125 - 2 pounds from goal!!
MelissaF
on 5/2/07 2:39 am, edited 5/2/07 2:40 am - Northwood, IA
I take those SF sundae jello  pudding cups (60 calories) they have a mint fudge and a dolce de leche (carmel topping on top of vanilla) and freeze those, let them thaw a little and enjoy those as ice cream.. harmless and yummy!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

childofnite
on 5/2/07 7:55 am - Winnipeg, Canada
Hey everybody! May I suggest buying an ice cream maker (we have one we got for $35.00 from Wal-Mart) and making it yourself?  It's wayyy cheaper in the long run, and no chance of imbibing something you cannot pronounce. You can use Skim, 1%, 2%, 10%, 18% or heavy cream (depending on your tolerance) and add Splenda and Vanilla extract to taste. It's definitely natural, and shouldnt cause dumping. Mmmmm... I think I will make some myself!!! 

Find out WHY at www.whyquit.com...

Most Active
Recent Topics