BeneProtein ?

MultiMom
on 10/13/08 6:49 am, edited 10/13/08 7:38 am - NH
The question that I have is about BeneProtein..... I have heard that this is a good powdered protein to add to foods. What is your advice on it? Is it unflavored? Is the scoop size smaller than the protein shake scoops?

I have tried adding the protein shake powder to a serving of pudding or yogurt and it is just too much powder. I was hoping to find an addative that is less bulky without lessening the protein.

I'm getting ready for surgery in 2 weeks and want to be as ready as I can be.

This board is wonderful! Even though I don't post too often, I read every word and think that you are ALL wonderful and are a great inspiration to me. Thank you!!

Martha 

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

wlscand09
on 10/13/08 7:10 am - Tickfaw, LA
 I have some and I never use it because it's SO disgusting. I actually bought 4 things of it but returned 3 of them after I tried it because I put it in a drink and it was so disgusting. There is so much taste to it it overpowers the flavor of the food stuff you're putting it in. So yeah, don't get BeneProtein unless you want to taste nothing but the protein flavor which is disgusting. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
MultiMom
on 10/13/08 7:12 am - NH
Ewwww.... Thanks Lance, Did you find an unflavored protein that is tolerable?

Martha

Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4

foobear
on 10/13/08 8:12 am - Medford, MA
Beneprotein is more or less identical to Unjury Unflavored protein powder.  Both are whey protein isolate with a little soy lecithin added.  The only difference, as far as I can tell, is that the Beneprotein scoop is much smaller.  That means that each scoop has less protein than a scoop of Unjury, but weight-for-weight, it's the same.

I have added a scoop of Beneprotein to a bowl of oatmeal made with skim milk to add ~5 grams additional protein.  But there's no avoiding it: it still tastes like whey protein!

/Steve
MultiMom
on 10/13/08 8:24 am - NH
Thanks Steve :)

So far (pre-op) I don't mind the protein flavor at all. I buy the Body Fortress at WalMart and am happy with it. We'll see what happens after surgery.

Martha

Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4

JennP
on 10/13/08 9:37 am - Royal Oak, MI
Hi

I am 6 days post-op and have been adding beneprotein to yogurt, drinks and cream soups.  I taste it the least in the cream soups.  It's ok in yogurt but I really don't like it in water or crystal lite.

Jennifer

SherylN
on 10/13/08 10:44 am - West Bloomfield, MI
I have been using Beneprotein every day for a year.  I add it to my Sugar Free Carnation Instant Breakfast drink. I don't mind it one bit.

mickramer
on 10/13/08 12:45 pm
I use it with carnation instant breakfast & also with smoothies.  I guess I just must not mind the protein powder taste because I really don't notice it in these drinks.  I have added it to pudding as well.  I use 3 scoops in my smoothies & it does just fine for me. 
carolinern
on 10/13/08 12:51 pm - Toledo, OH
I use the Beneprotein in drinks...not food.  I think it gave the soup, oatmeal, & pudding an awful flavor. When I tried it in the pudding it almost made me throw up!!  I do make it with the carnation instand breakfast, or my own smoothie concontion, and it doesn't seem too bad.  THe trick is to mix it very very well.

Caroline
MY JOURNEY BEGINS...

Most Active
Recent Topics