STILL losing hair!

Chris S.
on 9/6/09 12:17 pm - Tempe, AZ
I am still loosing quite a bit of hair each day as well.  I had my hair done yesterday and was talking about it with my hair dresser and we figure I have lost 1/2 my hair.  I have abnormally thick hair and TONS of it so no one has noticed it but I surely do.  I did get it cut much shorter (shoulder length now) and went back to bangs in the front. 

My regrowth was growing in like sprouts out of  my forehead so went back to bangs to blend it in.
(deactivated member)
on 9/23/21 6:16 am
RNY on 01/01/14

I had truly beautiful waist length hair 8 years post op till Covid when I basically got depressed and lost a pregnancy and stopped caring for it .

The key to keeping your hair is 100 brushes a day to stimulate the scalp .

Long hair is hard to take of and one of the gifts we fat grrrls get ..... until we start losing weight.

hair skin nail vitamins.... they might work a little. Right now my hair is bobbed . I don't like it .. I've always had long hair and a short haircut makes m feel old n ugly ..... but U do what U gotta do . It grows back .... it's only hair (((())))

(deactivated member)
on 9/23/21 6:25 am, edited 9/22/21 11:26 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

I tried Nioxin when my hair ( alarmingly ) started dropping in the shower a month or so after surgery. I found it wasn?t worth the expense or the daily bother of applying it .... but if it works for you god bless you ....

I just ended up getting the usual layered poodle cut with bangs which grew out healthy and beautiful.

interestingly my hair grew out much more curly and textured after surgery.... it will go into dreadlocks in like a day now uncombed .... but a lot of cancer patients say the same thing - their hair is totally different when it grows back

lisherman
on 9/6/09 7:00 pm - sioux city, IA
my hair started falling out really bad this last week, i went today and got it cut shorter, the ends looked horrible. my hairdresser sold me nioxin kit, claims will make hair stronger, stop it from falling out and treatment will mkae new hair grow.  the owner was there and she said its a money back guarentee, she said she has had cancer patients come get this and it works great.

I will let you guys know how it turns out, i just started using it today.
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 50 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 358 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 357 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 301 views