Flintstone Vitamins??

aseg21
on 1/15/11 6:49 am - Miami, FL
The ones with iron are actually what my surgeon recommended, but truthfully, I HATE the taste of faux fruitiness so I found CVS carried SpectraVite chewable adult vitamins and have felt much better taking those and find them palatable. I take 2 a day regardless of which kind.

Lowest Weight: 145 lbs
Current weight: 148.6 lbs

Total Loss: 226 lbs

bjhice
on 1/16/11 10:53 am - New Kent, VA
I've been on Flintstones Complete for over 3 years, put on 2 daily by my surgeon. All bloodwork has been excellent. If you scoffers read the bottle, you will see that 1 table is a children's dose, 2 are the adult dose. The nutrients are there, and because they are chewable they digest well. 

Andrea U.
on 1/16/11 11:27 am - Wilson, NC
What type of selenium is in Flintstones?

Is it an organic selenium from yeast, an amino acid selenium (such as L-selenomethionine)?  Or is it an inorganic selenium like sodium selenate?

Oh.  Wait.  Flintstones doesn't HAVE selenium.

So, let's see.  Do we need it?

Selenium is an important component of many enzymes and proteins; it helps regulate the thyroid; plays with vitamin E in antioxidant activity; plays a HUGE function in immunity, detoxification, and muscle metabolism.  Also looked at of late in terms of cancer prevention.  People with low levels of selenium tend to have a higher chance of cancer.

Selenium deficiency causes heart issues - and severe deficiency can cause heart failure.

So the question I ask is -- why would you even think of taking a vitamin that does not HAVE this?
cthr
on 1/16/11 12:15 pm
Because you just had neck surgery and you can't take your normal vitamins and were looking for a temporary replacement.
Andrea U.
on 1/16/11 12:30 pm - Wilson, NC
This was not directed at you.  This was directed to the person who said their labs were perfect after 3 years and that the label was absolutely complete.  I was pointing out that there is no way they were.

However, I will point out to you that Centrum makes a chewable vitamin that DOES have selenium in it :-)

I can deal with temporary.  And I understand pain (I have chronic daily headaches -- head pain is AWFUL so I get neck pain.. and the inability to take NSAIDs blows).  But the people that try to rub the vets' faces in the fact they take Flintstones just **** me off.

cthr
on 1/16/11 12:16 pm
Thanks for the info
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 311 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 229 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 294 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 149 views