It's official... my job ends Thursday...

chrisgraves
on 3/22/11 11:22 am - MA
Very sorry to hear about your situation.  I will hope that good news is waiting for you upon your return from a relaxing vacation.

5'6.5"  HW: 310 / SW:279.6  /GW:150               
(deactivated member)
on 3/22/11 11:24 am
I'm so sorry to hear that, Lora... what a crappy deal!  Fortunately, you are a highly skilled person, so hopefully you'll be able to get into another position relatively quickly.  I'll be sending positive thoughts your way... hang in there.  We're all here for you...

tori
KittenLove
on 3/22/11 11:55 am - Around Knoxville, TN
Oh, dearie, I am so sorry to hear -- I know this was what you were dreading. I have no clue on what I say except good luck with the other position and have a great vacation.

Be happy. 

Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/22/11 12:10 pm - Baltimore, MD
Oh Lora, I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't have much advice or commiseration to offer, but know I'm here for you. Hugs.

P.S. no cookies!
Mary D.
on 3/22/11 11:02 pm - Richmond, VA
Lora, I know this is what you were afraid of. I'm really sorry to hear this. I totally understand the desire to stuff down the sadness with some cookies. But your awareness and a back up plan of RF Nilla Wafers shows how grounded you are. I hope you can truly enjoy your vacation and relax.
curvaceousdiva
on 3/22/11 11:19 pm - Hyattsville, MD
REALLY sorry to hear chica. You know I just started back to working after a 3 months layoff. See if you can get a great severance package for health insurance if nothing else. NEGOTIATE... that's what I did and how my daughter was able to get her surgery. Specially since you have those knee issues.
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
Kelly S.
on 3/22/11 11:20 pm
{{{HUGS}}} So sorry for the loss of a good job.  Hopefully you will have one waiting for you when you get back.

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

siberiancat
on 3/23/11 3:45 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
Sorry about your job.  I hope you will be able to find something else that works well for you.  Keep your chin up - it is the economy.  I'm 61 and never know how much longer my job will be here.  At least I feel good and could enjoy the time off - not so when I was morbidly obese.

I 2nd the protein ice cream idea.  Love that stuff and it goes down so smooth.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Most Active